Iowa Governor Culver signs government reorganization billMarch 11th, 2010 - 4:19 am ICT by BNO News
DES MOINES, IOWA (BNO NEWS) – Iowa Governor Chet Culver signed on Wednesday Senate File 2088, a state government reorganization bill that will save about $125 million from Iowa taxpayers, the Governor’s Office informed.
“I am proud to sign this bill into law today as real reform in state government,” Governor Culver said. “This is truly a bipartisan success story, with legislators and government leaders united in our efforts to find cost-savings and efficiencies at every level. I want to thank all who share my commitment to streamlining government on behalf of hardworking Iowa families.”
The new bill’s main benefit is that it will help avoiding tax increases for Iowa residents as well as mitigating the need for future budget cuts.
Along with Culver’s Executive Order Number 20, the early retirement package for state employees signed in December 2009,
In December 2009, Governor Culver signed the Executive Order Number 20, an early retirement package for state employees. This Executive Order along the newly signed reorganization bill, will save Iowa taxpayers a total of $270 million.
- Iowa Governor Culver calls on Legislature to fund education - Mar 16, 2010
- Iowa Governor reappoints three directors - Mar 05, 2010
- Iowa's Governor Culver asks Congress to extend unemployment benefits - Feb 16, 2010
- Iowa's Governor Culver applauds Clean Water Action - Feb 10, 2010
- Iowa Governor Culver signs "Ed Thomas Bill" - Mar 25, 2010
- Iowa Governor Culver orders flags lowered to honor soldier killed in Afghanistan - Apr 30, 2010
- Iowa awards $29 million in housing and disaster recovery funds - May 13, 2010
- Iowa's Governor Culver to receive national service award - Feb 10, 2010
- Iowa awards nearly $17.5 million for disaster recovery efforts - Feb 16, 2010
- Iowa's Governor Culver promotes national wind energy - Mar 17, 2010
- Iowa Governor Culver signs bill to standardize weapon permit process - Apr 30, 2010
- Iowa awards $2.6 million in I-JOBS affordable housing funds - May 13, 2010
- Iowa Governor announces new company expansions - Jan 22, 2010
- $1 million in Preparedness Grants awarded to Iowa events centers - May 14, 2010
- Iowa Governor declares State of Emergency in three counties - Jan 22, 2010
Tags: bno, budget cuts, chet culver, early retirement, efficiencies, executive order, government leaders, government reorganization, governor chet culver, iowa families, iowa governor chet culver, iowa residents, legislators, moines iowa, retirement package, senate file, state employees, state government, success story, tax increases