Internet addicts starve their baby daughter to death while they play onlineMay 31st, 2010 - 1:01 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Seoul, May 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In an astonishing case, a South Korean couple starved their baby daughter to death, as they were too busy playing an online game. And ironically the online game was about raising virtual children. In the process of rearing their virtual child, they completely forgot about their ‘real child’. The couple comprised of the 41 year old taxi driver and his 25-year-old wife. They were convicted on Friday, and the husband was also sentenced to 2 years behind bars. But his wife got away easy, because she is pregnant. So her sentence was suspended.
According to reports, the couple were hardcore Internet addicts and they played the game almost 10 hours in various Internet cafes. They fed their daughter just once a day with the baby formula. The baby girl was born premature and needed constant care and supervision but instead what she got was a bottle just once a day. And often the baby feed was made from rotten formula. And when she used to cry from hunger, then the heartless couple also used to beat her up.
The girl died, when the parents were away at an all-night gaming session. After they returned home, they found that she had died. An autopsy was conducted which determined that the baby had died from malnutrition.
- Baby starves to death as parents nurse online child - Mar 05, 2010
- South Korea's midnight ban on young online gamers - May 01, 2011
- US cop finds starving, caged 6-yr-old eating her own flesh to live - May 04, 2011
- Ex-army officer gets 10 years jail for torturing son - Aug 04, 2012
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Mahesh Bhupathi 'Skypes' with newborn - Jan 21, 2012
- Beware of forgotten baby syndrome - Mar 12, 2012
- Court slams panel over girl's adoption - May 22, 2012
- Mother obsessed with computer game neglects kids and pets - Sep 14, 2010
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death - Dec 16, 2011
- Battered by father, Bangalore baby dies (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Game-a-holic Mother Ignores Kids And Pets For Her Tech Obsession - Sep 14, 2010
- When Victoria forgot son Brooklyn at home - May 01, 2012
- Mike Tyson becomes a dad for the 8th time - Jan 26, 2011
- Britney's ex K-Fed expecting his fifth child - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: autopsy, baby daughter, baby formula, baby girl, constant care, gaming session, hardcore internet, hunger, internet addicts, internet cafes, korean couple, malnutrition, old wife, online game, parents, seoul, supervision, taxi driver, virtual child, virtual children