Inquest Into Massachusetts Killing By Amy Bishop To CommenceApril 13th, 2010 - 10:39 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 13, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Amy Bishop, the solitary suspect in the liquidation of three professors at the University of Alabama-Huntsville in February 2010, will be encountering another investigation. But this investigation has nothing to do with the university shootout. This investigation goes back to her brother’s shooting-related death in 1986 in Massachusetts. The case, which was declared as an accident, has been reopened.
A Massachusetts district attorney recently commanded the inquest into whether Bishop calculatedly shot her 18-year-old brother, Seth, at their dwelling in Braintree, 24 years ago. The judge’s report could be utilized by the prosecutors to pursue a murder indictment against Bishop.
Norfolk District Attorney, William Keating, called for the probe after Bishop was arrested in February and charged with fatally shooting three of her colleagues at the school. Then, new particulars came into view about her brother’s 1986 shooting in Braintree.
The inquest will be conducted by Judge Mark Coven behind closed doors in Quincy District Court, south of Boston. Prosecutors, who handled the 1986 investigation, said that they were not told certain facts about the death of Seth Bishop. It seems that, after Seth Bishop was shot at the family home, Amy held workers at a local car dealership at gunpoint and demanded a getaway car. She also supposedly refused, in the beginning, to drop the shotgun used to kill her brother when the police confronted her.
If Coven decides that Amy Bishop deliberately killed her brother, the judge could advocate that she be charged with homicide.
- Massachusetts Judge To Carry Out Inquest Into Death Of Amy Bishop's Brother - Apr 13, 2010
- Ala. prof - Amy Bishop charged in brother's 1986 death - Jun 17, 2010
- Alabama University Professor Found Guilty In Brother's Death - Jun 17, 2010
- Amy Bishop 1986 Case Turned Over To Grand Jury - Jun 05, 2010
- US shooting suspect killed her brother in 1986: Report - Feb 14, 2010
- Brother's Death Case Reopened after Ala. Prof Charged with Murder of Colleagues - Jun 17, 2010
- Husband of the Alabama shooting professor says that he wanted revenge - Feb 24, 2010
- Alabama University's 'killer' biology professor shot brother dead 24 years ago - Feb 14, 2010
- Debra Moriarity Speaks On Alabama Shooting - Feb 18, 2010
- Alabama Professor's Husband Sought Revenge - Feb 24, 2010
- UAH Shooting Kills And Injures Faculty Members - Feb 13, 2010
- Indian American doctor convicted in car bomb attack - Aug 10, 2010
- Hero Debra Moriarity Speaks on Alabama Shooting - Feb 18, 2010
- Amy Winehouse features in the Quincy Jones tribute album - Sep 12, 2010
- Three dead in University of Alabama shooting - Feb 13, 2010
Tags: 24 years, braintree, brother seth, car dealership, closed doors, coven, district attorney, getaway car, gunpoint, indictment against, inquest, massachusetts district, men at work, murder indictment, norfolk district, particulars, pen men, university of alabama, university of alabama huntsville, work amy