Indicted teacher fired in ColumbianaApril 17th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by GD
The board of education has refused to renew the contract of a first year science teacher who is accused of sexual activity with a 16 year old female student. He faces up to five years in prison for the third degree felony charge.
On Wednesday Schools Superindent Ron Iarussi said that the first-year teachers are only probationary employees and their contract may not be renewed without furnishing a reason for doing so. The authorities were reportedly tipped about th incident anonymously and then referred it to Children Services. In an interview with the Children Services the girl admitted to having a sexual relationship with Joseph Neiheisl and said they kept in touch with each other through cell phone text messages.
Joseph Neiheisl, 26, from Cherry Fork Road, Leetonia, was secretly indicted some weeks ago by a Columbiana County grand jury because of an alleged relationship with a 16 year old female student also involving sexual battery. According to reports consensual sex between the two happened only once but Ohio law states that if Nieheisl is convicted he may face up to five years in prison, $15,000 in fine and a loss of his teaching certificate. The alleged sexual conduct took place at the house of Neiheisl’s relative in Columbiana. The girl is still a student in the school and has agreed to cooperate in the case.
There has been a spate of news related to the alleged sexual involvement of teachers with their students in the recent past. High school teacher Tamara Hoffman was charged with having a love triangle with two of her students which resulted in the death of one.
Mellissa Huckaby allegedly raped and murdered 8 year old Sandra Cantu, a student in her Sunday School. There were also other reports of statutory rape and convictions related to school sex scandals in the recent weeks.
- US teacher accused of having sex with students - Aug 21, 2012
- Melissa Huckaby Pleads Guilty To The Sandra Cantu Killing - May 11, 2010
- Texas Puts Gang Rapist To Death - Aug 18, 2010
- Family Holds Funeral for Sandra Cantu - Apr 16, 2009
- Gang Leader Peter Anthony Cantu Executed 13 Years After Murdering Two Teenagers - Aug 19, 2010
- Briton clicks himself raping child, jailed - Aug 12, 2012
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Argentine teacher gets jail for having sex with students - May 09, 2012
- Jennifer Ertman And Elizabeth Pena's Killer Peter Cantu Executed - Aug 18, 2010
- Chinese teacher sacked for sexual misconduct - Jun 29, 2012
- Gang Leader Responsible For Murder Of Two Girls, Executed By The State - Aug 19, 2010
- Delhi teacher held for raping ex-student, making MMS - Dec 26, 2011
- School teacher arrested for student's rape - Jun 25, 2010
- Kasey Johnes, School teacher Charged With Sexual Assault - Apr 16, 2009
- Indian-American teacher heads to jail for sex with minor - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: cherry fork, columbiana county, felony charge, first year science, first year teachers, high school teacher, law states, leetonia, love triangle, mellissa, probationary employees, school sex, science teacher, sex scandals, sexual battery, sexual conduct, sexual involvement, sexual relationship, statutory rape, third degree felony