IKEA Features 100 Cats In Its New CommercialSeptember 11th, 2010 - 7:17 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Sep 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The world’s largest furniture retailer IKEA has launched an innovative but weird contest for the customers. The officials of IKEA say that for their recent advertisement the company unleashed 100 cats in their Wembley flagship store and filmed them. The new commercial is a part if IKEA’s integrated campaign that includes competition as well. The IKEA officials say that the viewers will be asked which piece of furniture the cats preferred and then if a viewer gives a correct answer, then he will be able to take home the furniture.
This is going to be one of the most weird commercial that American audience will ever get to watch. The new commercial will push the retailers’ 2011 catalog release. The media reports that the new commercial is going to be aired in Europe on Saturday and it features the cats in different places inside the shop in 30 and 90 second shots. The IKEA officials say that the whole idea behind the work is that the cats know better than anything what makes them feel happy inside.
Feh Tarty, the creative director at Mother said that the cats live their lives in pursuit of their own comfort and hence IKEA released hundred cats in to the Wembley stores to see where they went and which furniture made them happy. A reputed media source reported that the new television campaign of IKEA is a part of their marketing strategy in order to launch their Swedish retailer’s new catalog. The new catalog will reportedly include press advertising, in-store media and a page of a social networking site along with the 4 minutes and 7 seconds of making of the whole commercial.
- The New IKEA Commercial Featuring 100 Cats Grabs Eyeballs - Sep 18, 2010
- 100 Cats Inside The Ikea Store - Sep 11, 2010
- IKEA to invest $1.9 billion in India - Jun 22, 2012
- India may tweak SME definition for IKEA investment - Aug 04, 2012
- Ikea's racism row over employment of security guards - Jun 13, 2012
- Justin Bieber And Ozzy Osbourne Appears In Super Bowl Commercial - Feb 07, 2011
- Why shoppers find it hard to escape from Ikea stores - Jan 24, 2011
- 59 percent of Asians use Internet in purchase decisions - Sep 21, 2010
- Ikea slammed for using Mafia stereotypes in advert - Apr 18, 2011
- FDI will revolutionise retail sector: Government - Nov 27, 2011
- Chinese retailer fined over $200,000 for duping customers - Dec 23, 2011
- Eyeing youth, shoe brands put e-foot forward - Feb 08, 2011
- Furniture giant Natuzzi to consolidate its India presence - Nov 04, 2011
- Nokia announces launch of Lumia family phones - Nov 14, 2011
- Disney to ban junk food ads on programmes for kids - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: 7 seconds, advertisement, american audience, cats, correct answer, creative director, different places, feh, flagship store, furniture retailer, gina gomez, largest furniture, marketing strategy, media source, piece of furniture, press advertising, retailer ikea, sep 11, social networking site, television campaign