Iconic Diana Dress Sold At $276000June 9th, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
Designed by Elizabeth and David Emanuel, the black taffeta dress, worn by Princess Diana, has been sold at a London auction on Tuesday. The dress was expected to sell within the range of £30000 to £50000.
The dress was a part of the collection to be sold by the Emanuels. Princess Diana had returned the dress to them some weeks before her wedding for alteration, as she had lost so much weight. But as making a new one was easier, the original dress remained untouched for years.
Diana, then 19 year old, had worn the dress on her first date with fiancé Prince Charles to attend an event at the Goldsmiths’ Hall in the city on March 1981.
The plunging neckline of the dress made newspaper headlines and established Diana as the most gorgeous member of the Royal Family.
Jorge Yarur, the founder of Fundacion Museo De La Moda of Chile, a fashion museum which bought the dress, says that he is planning to donate it along with other Diana dresses to the Kingston Palace, where she lived from 1981 until her death in 1997.
- Diana's gowns to be displayed at British palace - Mar 10, 2012
- Princess Di's dress fetches record price at auction - Jun 09, 2010
- Sale of Princess Diana's Black Dress Fetches $276,000 - Jun 10, 2010
- Princess Diana's dress fetches $276,000 at auction - Jun 09, 2010
- Princess Diana's wedding dress voted the best ever - Mar 29, 2011
- Late Amy's dress fetches over 40,000 pounds - Nov 30, 2011
- Princess Diana's Engagement Ring, From Harry to Kate, via Prince William - Nov 18, 2010
- Kate Middleton's 'Shola' dress sells out - May 26, 2011
- Princess Diana's dress fetches $816,000 - Jun 26, 2011
- Princess Diana's wedding dress on display - Oct 28, 2011
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Like Diana, Kate Middleton too will drop 'obey' from wedding vows - Apr 22, 2011
- When a footman got a Valentine's card from Diana - Feb 14, 2012
- Princess Daina's black dress to be auctioned Tuesday - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: 19 year old, alteration, chile, david emanuel, diana dresses, emanuels, fashion museum, first date, kingston, london auction, newspaper headlines, plunging neckline, prince charles, princess diana, royal family, taffeta dress