Hyundai Equus Debuts At SEMA 2010November 7th, 2010 - 8:50 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The revamped and redesigned Hyundai Equus sedan made a few heads turn at the SEMA Show 2010. The car does look impressive and it got good reviews as well. The DUB version shown at the SEMA is clearly meant for the people with heavy pockets. Then there is the Elegant Equus inspired by Mummbles Marketing ideas. The latter one features some notable changes in interior, engine, wheel and brake. The audio video enhancement is also noteworthy.
The Equus is powered by a mighty 450 HP engine and the Mummbles edition also gets a Nitrous Express kit coupled with Magnaflow dual-exhaust system. At the SEMA 2010, the company also showcased the Sonata Turbo and Genesis Coupe, aimed at two very different target groups. The company is keen on offering some special signature edition sedans which are clearly meant for the wealthy lot who prefer their cars to stand out from the rest and want maximum possible customization.
Those who want a sporty sedan that is capable of giving the SUVs a run for their money, the RMR Signature Edition Equus designed by Rhys Millen Racing is a worthy choice. The Equus models managed to hog as much spotlight at the SEMA 2010 as their contenders from the stables of Chevrolet and GM. It is clear that Hyundai is trying to shake the image of a budget oriented and not- so-reliable carmaker. The luxury quotient put in the various editions of the Equus prove that. While this may not dethrone a BMW or Audi, the Equus is capable enough of making the neighbors envious or at least curious when they pass by the car.
- Hyundai Equus Outsells Heavyweight Rivals In 2010 - Jan 09, 2011
- Hyundai to showcase multi-purpose vehicle HND-7 at Auto Expo - Dec 29, 2011
- Hyundai to increase production of Verna - Jun 28, 2011
- Hyundai unveils concept MPV - Hexa Space - Jan 05, 2012
- Hyundai Motors June sales up 13.6 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Cool Cars Galore At The Los Angeles Auto Show! - Nov 20, 2010
- Hyundai's February sales down 4.8 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Hyundai Recalls Its Sedan Sonata In USA - Sep 28, 2010
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's July sales down 1.5 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Hyundai's March sales grow by one percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Hyundai enhances supply of its diesel powered i20 and Verna - Apr 16, 2012
- Renault unveils new variant of Fluence sedan - Apr 03, 2012
- Hyundai's June sales up by 3.5 percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Hyundai's August sales grow one percent - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: contenders, customization, dual exhaust system, dub version, genesis, hog, hp engine, hyundai, hyundai equus, marketing ideas, pockets, quotient, rhys millen, sedans, sema show, signature edition, sonata, suvs, target groups, video enhancement