Hurricane Paula Strengthens to Category 2 off YucatanOctober 13th, 2010 - 2:00 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Hurricane Paula has been reported to have increased to a Category 2 storm which now has maximum sustained winds of a hundred miles an hour, and is located off of the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico.
According to s report given by the US National Hurricane Center in Miami Florida, Hurricane Paula is now moving north-northwest at almost ten miles an hour, and is located about 140 miles south, southeast of Cozumel, Mexico. The center of the storm is expected to reach the Yucatan Peninsula on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
Emergency officials in Honduras are urging the residents along the coast to evacuate, and a hurricane warning has been issued in Mexico while strong winds and rains batter the coast of the Caribbeans.
- Hurricane warnings issued as Tropical Storm Paula forms in the northwestern Caribbean - Oct 12, 2010
- Category two hurricane Paula takes aim for Cuba - Oct 13, 2010
- Hurricane Paula Makes Way Towards Mexico - Oct 13, 2010
- Tropical Storm Paula forms in the northwestern Caribbean - Oct 12, 2010
- Hurricane warning issued for Texas, Mexico as tropical storm Alex nears - Jun 29, 2010
- Hurricane Paula strengthens to category two - Oct 13, 2010
- Category four hurricane Hilary could threaten Baja California - Sep 24, 2011
- Tropical Storm Richard forms over the Caribbean Sea - forecasters - Oct 21, 2010
- Tropical depression forms in the western Caribbean Sea, heads for Honduras - Aug 19, 2011
- Earl weakens to a category three hurricane, new U.S. watches issued - Sep 01, 2010
- Hurricane watch issued for northeastern Mexico, Texas coasts as Tropical Storm Hermine strengthens - Sep 06, 2010
- Tropical Storm Georgette forms off the coast of Baja California - Sep 21, 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew May Hit Florida, Says Weather Office - Sep 24, 2010
- Tropical storm Rina could strengthen in the next couple of days - Oct 24, 2011
- Tropical Storm Lee forms in the Gulf of Mexico, heads for Louisiana - Sep 03, 2011
Tags: caribbeans, category 2 storm, center of the storm, cozumel mexico, emergency officials, florida hurricane, honduras, hurricane warning, maximum sustained winds, miami florida, national hurricane center, north northwest, south southeast, strong winds, tuesday night, wednesday morning, yucatan peninsula