Hundreds of GCSE A level Papers upgradedJuly 11th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Hundreds of GCSE A level papers needed to be upgraded because some of the examiners messed up. As a result, four examiners have been shown the door and more than 75 examiners have been asked to pull up their socks.
Due to the mess up by the examiners, around 250 candidates have been affected and in some cases the students grades have been shifted by two grades.
The OCR exam board had shifted its script handling process to a new warehouse and as a result the mistakes happened. The examiners wrongly totaled up the marks and thus gave wrong grades to the students.
As a lot of students had also applied to universities based on these grades, so their applications are also going to be affected.
The OCR exam board officials revealed that 15 A-Level grades have been upgraded. 28 AS-levels and 37 GCSE’s have also been affected.
In majority of the cases where the grades were upgraded, the grade went up by one notch but in some cases, it went up by two notches also. Most of the changes that needed to be made were in Religious Studies.
- British kids cannot escape Maths, English any more - Jul 03, 2012
- UK's exams watchdog calls for end of pen, paper usage in written exams - Feb 25, 2011
- Brit school bans fountain pens as they 'stop pupils from getting results' - Oct 12, 2010
- Indian, Black pupils brighter than white Brits when taking exams at 16: Study - Sep 15, 2010
- 2,447 students booked in Haryana - Apr 04, 2012
- Kids 'ignorant of Brit history' due to trendy 'skills-based' courses - Nov 26, 2010
- Oxford to take Indian school toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- Charlotte Church' songs in English curriculum for Brit schools - Jun 15, 2010
- Harvard Asian-American discrimination probe ends - Feb 24, 2012
- Oxford University to allow direct entries to ISC and CBSE toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- CBSE board students cope with last minute jitters - Feb 28, 2010
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- 400 students caught cheating, expelled - Feb 24, 2012
- Himachal exam scam: Police hunt for 'Munnabhais' - Oct 21, 2010
- 108 jailbirds clear secondary exams in Bengal - May 29, 2012