Human remains found in south London gardenNovember 23rd, 2011 - 12:47 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Nov 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Five people have been arrested by the police after human remains was found in a garden in South London. Three women and two men have been picked for questioning by the police. One of the suspects – a woman in her 40s – has since been released on bail.
The body which is believed to be that of a male has been sent to the coroner’s office for post-mortem. The identity of the man remains unclear as authorities have kept the body at the Greenwich Mortuary.
The police are holding the other suspects on suspicion of murder. They are also being investigated for trying to pervert justice by burying the body in a garden.
The police are continuing their investigation at the garden where the body was found. The officers are involved in excavation works to find more clues and possibly more bodies at the site.
A police spokesperson told reporters that, “We are carrying out inquiries in the area and excavation work is expected to last a number of days at the property. We are unable to confirm the gender or provide further details about the deceased at this stage.”
The suspects were not identified by the police. The investigation continues.
- Two youths commit suicide in Rajasthan - Jul 14, 2012
- Man found stabbed to death - Jan 22, 2011
- Maoists kill two people in Chhattisgarh - Nov 05, 2010
- Boy declared dead wakes up in mortuary, doctor suspended - Nov 07, 2011
- Naked woman's body found in Delhi hospital premises - Apr 26, 2012
- Defence ministry official killed wife after fight over childless state? - Apr 03, 2012
- Policeman's body found in Delhi canal - Jul 27, 2012
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Haryana cop commits suicide - Apr 05, 2011
- Elderly parents, two sons found dead in Pune - Mar 24, 2011
- Man slashed to death in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Minor girl's body found in Delhi park - Oct 13, 2011
- Missing businessman's body found, murder suspected - Feb 22, 2012
- Decomposed body of woman found - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: 40s, authorities, coroner, deceased, excavation work, garden london, greenwich, inquiries, london garden, pervert justice, police spokesperson, post mortem, south london, suspicion of murder, three women, two men