Houston Woman Gives Birth To Healthy QuintupletsAugust 5th, 2010 - 8:15 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Houston, Aug 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Veronica Real-Mayorga, 30, gave birth to healthy quintuplets last Saturday afternoon at Houston’s Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital. The doctors invited the media to witness the wonderful moment and said that they expect the five babies will survive and will be in good health. The quintuplets are three boys and two girls and they are named as Aaron, Isaac, Priscilla, Joel and Matilde.
The doctors reported to the media that weights of the quintuplets range from 2 1/2 pounds to nearly 4 pounds. Veronica Real-Mayorga said that her babies are precious to her and she said that she felt blessed to be the mother of the quintuplets. However, she said she was surprised as she thought she will give birth to twins. Dr. Ursula Nawab said that the delivery was problem free as the mother carried children in her womb for at least two weeks longer than most mothers carrying quintuplets or more babies do. The doctor also added that the birth of quintuplets is not uncommon in United States as there are about 50 sets are born every year but sadly rarely all survive.
Veronica Real-Mayorga was taking fertility drugs, but did not try any artificial insemination. She said that all the prayers from her family “helped” her to witness the blessings of five children in her life. She added that she and her husband Enrique Mayorga had been trying to conceive from past five years and was waiting for this big moment. The doctors of the hospital said that the babies are kept under observation and will be there till they weigh between 4 to 5 pounds. Veronica Real-Mayorga has an 8 year old son, Fernando, who was happy and said that the best thing about being a brother is having little brothers and sisters.
- A Married Woman In Houston Feels Blessed As She Delivers A Set Of Quintuplets - Aug 06, 2010
- Quintuplets born in Tripura, none survive - Dec 16, 2010
- Oz lesbian couple beat odds of 1 in 60m by conceiving quintuplets - Oct 05, 2010
- Inmate Has Son after Sneaking Sperm out to Wife - Aug 14, 2012
- Texas woman gives birth to six babies - Apr 24, 2012
- Lesbian couple in Oz beat 60 million-to-one odds to have quintuplets - Mar 08, 2011
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- It's a girl for Kourtney Kardashian! - Jul 09, 2012
- World's Smallest Mother Has Third Child, Wants More - Jul 07, 2010
- In Brazil, baby's head accidentally torn off during delivery - May 20, 2012
- Woman gives birth after lying upside down for 75 days - Mar 09, 2012
- Court allows surrogate mother to keep baby - Jan 22, 2011
- Palestinian prisoner's wife delivers baby via smuggled semen - Aug 13, 2012
- Baby Falak to be discharged in a week - Mar 09, 2012
- Australian lesbian couple blessed with five babies - Oct 05, 2010
Tags: artificial insemination, babies, blessings, brothers and sisters, fertility drugs, gina gomez, good health, houston woman, last saturday, memorial hermann hospital, nawab, prayers, priscilla, quintuplets, saturday afternoon, two girls, ursula, veronica, weights, womb