Hottest chili pepper in the world is Naga ViperDecember 6th, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Naga Viper is now the world’s hottest chili pepper. It takes the title from the “ghost chili” which was considered as the hottest pepper.
The Naga Viper managed to beat the Bhut Jolokia by over 300,000 points on the Scoville scale. The Naga Viper measured some 1,359,000 on the Scoville scale.
Researchers from the Warwick University were involved in the project. The Scoville scale is used to test the “heatness” of pepper by tracking the presence and the amount of particular compounds in the pepper.
The Naga Viper was developed by a British Chili farmer, Gerald Fowler from three of the world’s hottest chilis. After crossing the peppers, Gerald admitted that he has created a monster chili. He revealed to the British’s Daily Mail that the chili was “painful” to eat. He further hinted that the pepper was so hot that it could potentially “strip” paints.
The military are already looking into how the pepper can be potentially used as a weapon due to its hotness.
However before you can try some of the chili pepper, you have to sign a declaration from Gerald that indicates that you know what you are doing. That way, Gerald seeks to protect himself from potential lawsuits when things go wrong after tasting the hot spice.
- Naga Viper Named World's Hottest Chili Pepper - Dec 05, 2010
- Paint-peeling Naga Viper chili pepper set to become world's spiciest - Dec 05, 2010
- World's hottest chilli is 'hot enough to strip paint' - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Monster of chillies' could set a new world record - Sep 10, 2010
- Globe's Hottest Chili To Serve The Indian Armed Forces - Mar 24, 2010
- Scottish butcher claims his 'Devil's Sausage' is world's hottest - Apr 16, 2011
- World's hottest chilli grown in UK can leave one 'shaking uncontrollably' - Feb 18, 2011
- Manhattan man grows world's hottest chili for 'Killer Sauce' - Apr 12, 2010
- The chilli hand grenade is ready to explode! - Mar 18, 2010
- Hottest Chili 'Bhut Jolokia' To Be Used In Grenades - Mar 24, 2010
- Satan''s Ashes, a curry that requires makers to wear masks while handling! - Jul 27, 2008
- Chili bomb to become part of defence armoury - Jun 27, 2009
- Oz man's world's hottest chillies feel like rubbing soldering iron in mouth! - Apr 15, 2011
- Assamese woman munches world's hottest chillies, sets record - Apr 10, 2009
- Brits 'craving for food 400 times hotter than what used to be in the 1960s' - Aug 04, 2010
Tags: bhut jolokia, chilis, compounds, daily mail, fowler, ghost, hot spice, hotness, hottest chili pepper, hottest chili pepper in the world, hottest pepper, lawsuits, london, monster, naga, paints, presence, scoville scale, viper, warwick university