Honda extends its recall, 378758 more vehicles to be recalledFebruary 11th, 2010 - 1:27 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Torrance, Feb 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Due to a defective air bag inflator, Honda is extending its recall to include 378,758 more vehicles. Honda is also facing a recall crisis like Toyota. As in January 2010, Honda had recalled over 646,000 2007-08 Fit, City and Jazz models worldwide, for a fire hazard involving a power window switch.
The affected models of the latest Honda Recall are 2001 and 2002 Accord, Civic, Odyssey, and CR-V models, as well as 2002 Acura TL models. One Honda Pilot and one Acura CL vehicle produced in late 2002 are also included.
The problem due to which the vehicles are being recalled is that the airbag inflators can put an immense amount of force on the airbag, when it is in use, which can in turn fracture the inflator, and metal shards might also come out. This has happened in some cases, and there have been 12 injurious episodes so far, which also include 1 fatal incident. “We have decided to recall all inflator assemblies that were not confirmed by 100-percent automatic inspection during production because we cannot be absolutely certain they will all perform as designed, even though recent testing of units from this production process performed correctly,” according to the official Honda release.
- Honda to recall 412,000 vehicles over 'soft brake' issue - Mar 17, 2010
- Honda to expand recall for faulty airbag inflators in certain vehicles - Feb 10, 2010
- Honda to recall 437,763 vehicles over faulty air bags - Feb 10, 2010
- Honda to recall 273,000 vehicles in US - Dec 03, 2011
- Honda to recall 97,201 vehicles to address lost motion springs issues - Feb 17, 2011
- Honda To Recall More Cars For Air Bag Problems - Feb 10, 2010
- Honda recalls over 52,600 vehicles in US - May 18, 2012
- Toyota recalls over 300,000 vehicles to replace airbag sensor - Apr 22, 2011
- Honda to recall 1,400 cars in South Korea - Sep 14, 2011
- Honda India to replace parts on City sedans - Sep 05, 2011
- Honda recalls cars in China due to airbag defects - Jul 01, 2010
- Toyota recalls more than 680000 vehicles over safety concerns - Mar 08, 2012
- Thailand flood: Honda to scrap over 1,000 cars - Dec 28, 2011
- Usha sells stake in Honda Siel Cars to Honda Motor - Aug 10, 2012
- Honda recalls more than 400,000 cars in US - Mar 17, 2010