Himalayan Kalka-Shimla train on its final journeyAugust 7th, 2012 - 7:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Shimla, Aug 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Kalka-Shimla train which is famously known for romantic travel is now destined for its end in the railways. Himalayan officials come to a conclusion that they can no longer come up with the spare parts of the train claiming that it the high time for it to retire from the long services that it has delivered.
The train together with other four were the ones that transported the colonial officials together with there families in case they needed a break. It is not only remembered for that but it is also the one that was picturised in many Bollywood movies. The train came to existence numerous years ago.
It was one of the first trains to use the Kalka-Shimla railway line which is commonly considered as one of the biggest engineering projects in the world. The main aim of its construction was to ensure that traveling to British during different seasons is made efficient and quick. It has as well earned its fame through a number of Bollywood films whereby it has featured in them.
Its suspension which will probably lead to its permanent stop is an idea that is regretted by many because of the services that it delivers and the good old memories that it brings.
- 'Bring Shimla's last heritage train back on track' (Letter from Shimla) (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
- Sixth train on Kalka-Shimla track - Apr 25, 2011
- Rail traffic restored on Kalka-Shimla track (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Love on track - on Kalka-Shimla train - Apr 29, 2010
- Train services resume on Kalka-Shimla track - Sep 24, 2010
- Landslides snap rail traffic in Himachal - Sep 23, 2010
- Heritage walk to spread awareness about Kalka-Shimla railway line - Jul 05, 2010
- Group travel? Charter a train to Shimla (With Images) - May 17, 2010
- Himachal's 108-year-old heritage railway station gutted (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 01, 2010
- Forest fire disrupts Kalka-Shimla rail traffic - Apr 19, 2010
- Fire destroys 108-year-old railway station - May 03, 2011
- Kalka-Shimla track gets holiday special toy train - Dec 23, 2010
- Train accident: Anxious relatives throng Chandigarh railway station - Jul 10, 2011
- Special Kalka-Shimla trains start for New Year - Dec 27, 2009
Tags: aim, bollywood films, bollywood movies, colonial officials, conclusion, different seasons, engineering projects, existence, fame, final journey, high time, old memories, railway line, railways, romantic travel, spare parts, train, trains