“Hiccup Girl” Jennifer Mee Charged With First Degree MurderOctober 26th, 2010 - 5:46 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jennifer Mee who became famous for her uncontrollable hiccups back in 2007 has been arrested on charges of first degree murder. Jennifer Mee became known as “hiccup girl” when she began hiccuping 50 times in a minute. St. Petersburg Police Department officials said that Jennifer Mee and two other men were involved in the fatal shooting of 22 year old Shannon Griffin on Saturday.
Sgt TA Skinner of the St Petersburg Police Department told a reputed media source that Jennifer Mee lured Shannon Griffin to a home where two other men Laron Raiford, 20, and Lamont Newton, 22. The suspects used .38 caliber revolver, the police said. St Petersburg Police spokesman Michael Puetz said in his statement that Shannon Griffin struggled with the suspects during the robbery. However, finally he was shot and killed. The police says the “hiccup girl” and two other men admitted their crime after interrogation and hence they are charged with first degree murder. The police spokesman said that the 19 year old girl no longer suffer from hiccups.
On the other hand, Jennifer Mee’s mother Rachel Robidoux said that her daughter ran away from home on 2007 after she had a fight with her boyfriend. Her mother said in her statement that Jennifer Mee was lovable and sweet girl who would not even hurt a “fly”. Rachel Robidoux, however, said that Jennifer Mee’s hiccups “was a curse”. The police spokesperson said in his statement that Shannon Griffin received three gun shot wounds on his chest and one on his shoulder. Shannon Griffin was pronounced dead on the scene. The media sources have not yet said if Jennifer Mee has appointed any lawyer.
- Florida teen with uncontrollable hiccups charged with first-degree murder - Oct 26, 2010
- ‘Hiccup Girl’ Convicted In Florida Murder - Oct 27, 2010
- "Hiccup Girl" Jennifer Mee Faces Murder Charges - Oct 26, 2010
- Jeff Lacy's Brother Found Dead In Florida Shooting Incident - Jan 25, 2011
- Rapist put to death after pork chop meal - Feb 16, 2012
- Russian exorcist stabs wife to death - Jun 29, 2012
- Elderly woman's body found in suitcase at Russia playground - Mar 29, 2012
- Russian man charged with cannibalism - Aug 30, 2011
- Car thief's wife fired from Russian Police - Jul 17, 2012
- Small plane crash in Russia kills two - Aug 23, 2012
- Rachel Wade Found Guilty Of Second Degree Murder - Jul 24, 2010
- Russian woman loses fight to keep dogs instead of parents - Jul 29, 2011
- Madonna broke 'gay propaganda' law: Russian official - Aug 11, 2012
- Man who killed wife by stabbing her 25 times jailed - Dec 16, 2010
- No breakthrough in Delhi teenager's murder case - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: caliber revolver, department officials, first degree murder, gina gomez, griffin, gun shot wounds, hiccup girl, hiccups, interrogation, lamont, media source, media sources, petersburg police department, police spokesman, police spokesperson, puetz, rachel robidoux, raiford, spokesman said that, sweet girl