Has Atlantis City been found buried underneath mud flats in Spain?March 14th, 2011 - 10:26 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Northampton, Mar 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A group of researchers believe that they have found the lost city of Atlantis.
Locating the ancient city of Atlantis has been the goal of several scientists and archaeologists for years. The city was believed to have been wiped out when a mega-tsunami struck more than a thousand years ago. There has been several debates though on whether the city actually existed or not but some ancient references have laid credence to the existence of the city.
Over the years several findings of ‘Atlantis’ have been reported with the latest one reported spotted off the coast of Africa on Google Map.
This find though has convinced the scientists who stumbled on it. Professor Richard Freund of the University of Hartford who was the leader of the team that made the discovery announced that, “We found something that no one else has ever seen before, which gives it a layer of credibility, especially for archaeology, that makes a lot more sense.”
The scientists followed the lead of a satellite picture to locate what they believe is the lost city of Atlantis. Greek philosopher Plato in one of his writings spoke about Atlantis about 2,600 years ago. The city is believed to have been destroyed by a powerful tsunami that left very few people alive.
National Geographic would show the revelation in a special documentary called ‘Finding Atlantis’ on Sunday.
- Sri Lanka's martial art angampora still in vogue - Jun 01, 2012
- Lost continent of Atlantis may have been found by Google Ocean - Feb 20, 2009
- Secret message discovered in Plato's works - Jul 06, 2010
- Plato's Works Contain Secret Musical Messages - Jul 06, 2010
- Real tsunami may have inspired legend of Atlantis - Oct 10, 2009
- Plato's Hidden Philosophy Revealed! - Jul 06, 2010
- Atlantis turns out to be boat-mapping lines - Feb 21, 2009
- 'The Plato code' cracked by science historian - Jun 29, 2010
- Your bodies resist weight loss efforts - Jun 24, 2011
- 2,500-year-old tomb found in China - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Chevrons' are not evidence of megatsunamis, say scientists - Apr 30, 2009
- Chums separated during WWII reunite 60 years later! - Feb 26, 2011
- NMDC detects tunnel-like structure under hillock - Mar 05, 2012
- Scientists revive ancient bacteria - Nov 23, 2010
- Mystery of the Dead Sea Scrolls may be Solved - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: ancient city of atlantis, archaeologists, archaeology, atlantis city, credence, credibility, debates, documentary, google, greek philosopher plato, mega tsunami, mud flats, national geographic, northampton, professor richard, revelation, richard freund, satellite picture, scientists, university of hartford