Harvard Hoax: Fake Student Arrested On 20 CountsMay 20th, 2010 - 3:25 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A student of Harvard University has been arrested and is facing arraignment on 20 different counts, after faking his credentials, and creating a completely false personal history for himself. The 23 year old Adam Wheeler was taken into custody after a professor noticed that the student’s work was suspiciously similar to that of another professor. Harvard then decided to look closer, and the truth was shocking.
Wheeler had not simply told a lie or two to get into Harvard, he had forged recommendation from Harvard professors, lied about books he claimed to have co-authored, told untruths about courses which he had taught, and even the results of his SAT tests, an American college placement exam, were fake. After learning all of this, Harvard dug up his record from Bowdoin College, where he attended school before Harvard, and it was discovered that he had been under suspicion of academic cheating.
To top it all off, Wheeler applied for an internship at the McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts, and told them that he was taking the spring semester off from Harvard to work on two books. After doing a background check, the hospital rejected his application.
“Not only was this defendant untruthful on his application to the University and his numerous scholarship applications, he is also alleged to have stolen over $45,000 in grants, scholarship and financial aid money awarded to him on applications and submissions of documents that were based on lies and reproductions of other people’s hard work,” Middlesex County District Attorney Gerry Leone explained.
- Harvard Student Turns Out To Be Fake - May 19, 2010
- Delaware Youth Made It To Harvard With Fake Degrees - May 19, 2010
- Adam Wheeler Pleads Not Guilty Of Harvard Hoax - May 20, 2010
- Deleware man charged with faking his way into Harvard University - May 18, 2010
- Fake Harvard student - Adam Wheeler being held on a bail of $5000 - May 19, 2010
- Harvard probes dozens of students on cheating allegation - Aug 31, 2012
- Medical Scholarships FAQs - Dec 08, 2010
- Chinese college launches morality bank - Mar 08, 2012
- Seven things to look at before you walk into a college (Comment) - Jun 19, 2011
- Delhi-based bogus company visits Panjab University - Mar 17, 2011
- 3 proven strategies to land your first job decoded - May 02, 2011
- Holidays? Not for students who would rather intern - May 22, 2011
- Four Pulitzer winners who made India proud - Apr 19, 2011
- Seniors shoot at junior for protesting ragging - Aug 30, 2011
- Mozambique selects students to study in India - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: adam wheeler, belmont massachusetts, bowdoin college, county district attorney, credentials, defendant, financial aid money, grants, harvard professors, harvard university, hoax, internship, mclean hospital, middlesex county district attorney, personal history, reproductions, scholarship applications, spring semester, suspicion, two books