Handy Tips For No-Cook MealsAugust 22nd, 2010 - 7:56 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Aug 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) With mercury soaring as the summer heat becomes more scorching, cooking is something that might seriously fail to interest many of us. If the summer heat isn’t something that makes you deter from venturing into the kitchen, there are definitely days when your cooking zone undergoes renovation or you are just too lazy to come up with a full-fledged meal. Surely this does not take into account all those cooking aficionados who simply love to churn out new recipes that involves a whole lot of cooking, but for those who really do not want to go near the oven and at the same time ensure that they can have quality meals with their family, here are few no-cook meal ideas that can come quite handy.
One of the most nutritious but at the same time hassle-free dish are soups, which can be made without much cooking and is also one of the best options to cool you down on a hot, sultry day. If soups are something that might be too light for you, then a plate of salad can be just what you are looking for in terms of the perfect no-cook meal. Team up your salads with fruits, vegetables as well as shrimps and beef to turn it into a wholesome meal.
If all these fails to ring a bell, then opt for a hugely stuffed sandwich to turn your no-cook meal into a power meal. Try any of the above-mentioned options and be sure that despite staying far away from the oven, you will enjoy a hearty meal with your family and win their accolades as well.
- Sausage, lamb chops, ice-cream on Obama-Cameron menu - May 26, 2011
- Why can't wives cook the mothers' way - Mar 16, 2012
- Orissa tribals prepare special soup to counter heat - May 01, 2011
- Rachael Ray in the Kitchen with Tyra Banks and Rocco DiSpirito - Oct 06, 2011
- Cooking, not Madonna's forte - Jan 15, 2012
- Making foodies at Delhi's first restaurant week (Eating out with IANS) - Feb 04, 2011
- Your home guide to beating the heat - May 21, 2011
- Book a date with dad on Father's Day - Jun 17, 2010
- Purana Villa offers kebabs, curries with a twist (IANS Food Review, With images) - Mar 20, 2010
- Tender coconut water in tetra packs soon in Karnataka - Apr 14, 2011
- The heat is on! Dos and don'ts for hair care - Jun 01, 2012
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Bowling for Colombia: Earth food and meat on platter (Eating Out With IANS) - Apr 29, 2010
- 'Diet in a box' delivered to your door-the latest slimming fad in UK - Dec 13, 2010
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: cook meals, cooking zone, free dish, fruits vegetables, gina gomez, handy one, handy tips, hassle, hearty meal, meal ideas, mercury, quality meals, renovation, salads, sandwich, shrimps, soups, summer heat, whole lot, wholesome meal