Handcuffed man escaped from a police carJuly 18th, 2010 - 10:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Altamonte Springs, July 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The police in Semnole County had the greatest shock of their lives, when they realized that the man they have handcuffed at the back of their police van had vanished.
Police had arrested the 19-year-old Ridgh Genesis Achille, when he was spotted shoplifting a pair of sunglasses in shop. Police say he was arrested on Friday night, after the police was called in.
While transporting him to the station to be thrown to the police cells, Achille is reported to have told the police that he was claustrophobic, so the police should roll down the van’s window glass. That proved to be the police’s number one mistake. At a traffic stop, Achille allegedly opened the van’s back door from the outside of the van, through the open window and escaped.
He is still on the run and the Sherriff’s have mounted an intensive manhunt for him. Police say Achille is a skinny man who was wearing blue-checkered shirt at the time of his escape.
Police say Achille still has the cuff on his hand.
- Handcuffed Man Escapes By Opening Police Car Door - Jul 18, 2010
- A Handcuffed Man Unbolts The Car Door And Flees - Jul 18, 2010
- This pinch may really pinch him hard - May 31, 2012
- US man admits to raping, keeping woman in closet - Jan 29, 2011
- Shoplifter chops off security guard's ear - Dec 13, 2011
- Escaped accused in Tiku murder case caught (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Australian man dies after being arrested - May 28, 2011
- Gangster escapes from custody in Goa - Feb 23, 2011
- Man dressed in cow suit robs milk at Walmart - Apr 29, 2011
- Man held 19 years after stealing one million pound - Feb 10, 2012
- Ex-navy officer arrested with fake travel warrants - Sep 06, 2011
- Estella Warren won't be charged for felony escape - May 30, 2011
- Cycling spectator arrested for not smiling - Aug 10, 2012
- Man banned from driving for 56 years - Jul 23, 2012
- Escaped criminal from Jammu caught in Delhi - Feb 07, 2011