Halo Cloud in Moscow: Weather PhenomenonOctober 14th, 2009 - 5:56 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar,
October 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) People in Moscow, last week experienced a spectacular scene when a halo cloud appeared on the sky. Speculations related to the appearance of this cloud is not yet completely solved.
The halo cloud has created a great hype among people and they are frantically searching for more information about it. People have had different opinion about the cloud. However, the experts have stated that this was nothing but a natural phenomenon and a visual effect.
Spokesperson for the weather forecasting service of Moscow in an interview said that in the recent days different fronts have passed through the region and there was also an intrusion of Arctic air. As it was the time of sunset, sun was shining from the west, which created the visual effect on the clouds. She also said if somebody would have observed the clouds closely then he could noticed sun rays entering through the halo cloud.
Nick Pope who earlier served as the Defense Ministry’s UFO analyst has watched the footage of the halo cloud and examined it. The entire thing appeared to be a mystery to him as he had not seen such things earlier. Nick Pope said, “Whatever it is, it’s one of the most beautiful and spectacular things I’ve ever seen.”
Weather forecasters have rejected the claim of environmentalists who considered the halo cloud as a pollution effect. The halo cloud that was seen this Wednesday has some resemblance with the clouds that were shown on the popular film Independence Day. However, the cloud that appeared in Moscow did not have any association with UFO or aliens.
- Halo over Moscow raises questions - Oct 15, 2009
- North of England becomes 'the world's top hotspot for UFO sightings' - Nov 09, 2010
- Lunar Halo Appearing On Sunday Night Attracts Skywatchers - Dec 02, 2009
- New Mars movie reveals red planet's blue sunset - Dec 23, 2010
- Pyramid-shaped UFO hovers over Moscow's Kremlin - Dec 18, 2009
- Rare ice rainbow clicked in Britain - Oct 24, 2010
- British fighter jets chase UFO, shows video - Apr 11, 2010
- Fighter jets chasing 'UFO' captured on video - Apr 10, 2010
- Does 'UFO' sighting above Jerusalem shrine suggest alien existence? - Feb 03, 2011
- 'UFO' collision threat shuts down Chinese airport - Oct 05, 2010
- Footage of 'UFO' taken in Ireland - Jan 22, 2010
- Greenpeace storms Russian oil platform in Arctic - Aug 24, 2012
- Watch out for Jupiter, Moon conjunction Tuesday - Jan 02, 2012
- Britain secret file says massive UFO spotted - Aug 05, 2010
- Files from 1950's reveal that Winston Churchill ordered UFO coverup - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: arctic air, defense ministry, environmentalists, film independence, forecasting service, intrusion, kar, meena, moscow weather, natural phenomenon, nick pope, pollution effect, resemblance, spectacular scene, speculations, spokesperson, sun rays, weather forecasters, weather forecasting, weather phenomenon