Half of Harvard Class ‘cheated’ on ExamAugust 31st, 2012 - 8:33 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Administrators of Harvard University have revealed that investigations of 125 students who allegedly cheated in their final exam are underway.
The university says that a group of undergraduate students may have collaborated ion exam answers or cheated by copying what was on the answers of their counterparts during their final exam. The board of the college says that more than 250 final exams of the course were not genuinely done. The cheating was done by nearly half of the students on the course. This is one of the largest cheating cases that have affected the university. The course and the students who cheated have not been identified yet.
The Harvard student’s newspaper however said that the course being investigated is Government 1310: Introduction to Congress. It is a member of the faculty who noticed similarities in the exam and this prompted for investigations to be carried out and find out what happened.
The students who are involved are facing a possible one year academic suspension from the college. The dean of the faculty of Arts and Sciences Michael Smith says that the university does not tolerate any kind of cheating. He said that the university takes academic very seriously and this case will be solved in the best way possible.
- Harvard probes dozens of students on cheating allegation - Aug 31, 2012
- DU's second cut-off list brings some hope to students - Jun 21, 2011
- DU's second cut-off list offers little hope to students (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Osmania University revises exam schedule following student protests - Feb 26, 2011
- US civil liberties group cautions Harvard on action against Swamy - Jul 30, 2011
- Unmukt allowed to move to second year: VC (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Oxford University to allow direct entries to ISC and CBSE toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- Exempt Tamil Nadu from common medical entrance test: Jayalalithaa - Aug 02, 2011
- Admissions start in Delhi University - Jun 23, 2010
- Harvard outpaces Oxford in admitting African-American, Latino students - Apr 13, 2011
- Oxford to take Indian school toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
- DU officials say no 100 percent cut-off this time - Jun 20, 2012
- 'Personal reasons may have driven Dana to suicide' (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Zero in exam? In Andhra, you can still get admission - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: academic suspension, cheating cases, congress, counterparts, dean, exam answers, faculty of arts, harvard class, harvard student, harvard university, investigations, michael smith, undergraduate students