Guys On Facebook Confused Over “I like It On Floor” StatusOctober 7th, 2010 - 8:18 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Many men on Facebook are confused over the status message of a few women reading, “I like it on the floor”. To their much disappointment, the “it” in the provocative statement refers to handbags. October is known as Breast Cancer Awareness month and the “I like it” message happens to be an awareness campaign on Facebook. The campaign, which seeks to unite all women in the cause, has confused many men on facebook. Last year there was a campaign in which women had posted the color of their bra as their status message with similar effect. The women with “I like it on the floor” messages are talking about the place where they like to keep their handbags.
Many are reasonably wondering about the relation between handbags and breast cancer awareness. Whether a certain women likes to place her handbag on the counter or on the floor, has absolutely nothing to do with breast cancer. The sexually provocative line is also mildly offensive to some. The idea is that awareness will spread with people trying to find out the meaning of the status messages. The question though is, will people only inquire about a statement if is suggestive in nature?
The campaign though is spreading like fire in a jungle. Many Facebook users are finding it funny and cute. The origin of the campaign is still unknown but whosoever created it, seems to have hit the bull’s eye. A saying goes that “All’s well that ends well”, if the campaign succeeds in its objective of creating awareness about the fatal disease, the criticisms will fade away.
- 'I Like It' Phenomenon On Facebook - Oct 06, 2010
- Bizarre 'I like it on the floor' Breast Cancer Awareness campaign hits Facebook - Oct 07, 2010
- Zoya directs adfilm to create awareness about cancer (With Images) - Jul 11, 2012
- Doppelganger Week On Facebook: Which Celebrity Do You Resemble? - Jan 30, 2010
- Wear pink for a cause, urges fashionista Sonam - Oct 14, 2011
- Breast cancer awareness walkathon held in Hyderabad - Oct 03, 2010
- Awareness key to beating breast cancer, say experts (Feb 4 is World Cancer Day) - Feb 03, 2012
- October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Color the Town Pink! - Oct 04, 2010
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Takes Off - Oct 06, 2010
- After Cartoons Facebook Has Number Game For Its Users - Dec 08, 2010
- Breast cancer campaign slammed for asking women to post boobs online - Dec 01, 2010
- 12,000 walk in Dubai for breast cancer awareness - Oct 29, 2011
- Breast cancer is a major killer in Pakistan - Jan 12, 2012
- Special bags to create awareness about breast cancer - Oct 23, 2010
- Facebook makes money from user's data - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: awareness campaign, breast cancer, breast cancer awareness, breast cancer awareness month, cancer awareness month, disappointment, facebook, gina gomez, handbag, handbags, jungle, many men, objective, provocative statement, status message, status messages