Gunmen abduct Mexico hotel guests, no US woman among the victimsApril 22nd, 2010 - 2:08 am ICT by BNO News
MONTERREY, MEXICO (BNO NEWS) – Seven people were abducted from the Holiday Inn hotel in downtown Monterrey, Mexico, the El Norte newspaper reported on Wednesday.
Witnesses said that a group of 50 hooded men executed the abductions in few minutes at Holiday Inn Hotel; they fled driving at least 10 SUVs. The operation happened after armed men blocked two main roads using four vehicles in order to avoid contact with military men who were patrolling the area.
At Holiday Inn hotel, a security guard was injured on the head. Several guests witnessed the abduction. It was originally reported that a security guard, the receptionist and four guests, including an American citizen were taken by the armed men. However the U.S. Consulate in Monterrey denied that an American woman was among the seven people abducted in the hotel.
“Our Consulate Office has not received information so far that any American citizen has been kidnapped this morning,” said Brian Quigley, a Consulate spokesman.
“We have information that there were American guests staying at the two hotels, but none were involved in the incident.”
One of the victims tried to escape but he was shot and retrieved by one of the gunmen. “They took many, they were armed, we heard punches and screams,” a witness said.
Earlier it was informed that a second group of hitmen attacked the Mision Hotel at the same time, just a few meters away from Holiday Inn, abducting a man but security personnel of the hotel declared that no person has been kidnapped at that place.
- Seven people, including one American woman, abducted in Monterrey, Mexico - Apr 21, 2010
- Gunmen abduct Mexico hotel guests, US woman - Apr 22, 2010
- 6 policemen kidnapped in Mexican city - Mar 12, 2011
- Kidnapped mayor found dead in Mexico's drug-plagued north - Aug 18, 2010
- U.S. State Department issues travel warning to Mexico due to increasing violence - Aug 28, 2010
- 5 Bodies found hanging from bridges in Mexican city - Mar 01, 2011
- Kidnapped Mexican singer found dead - Feb 13, 2012
- American kidnapped from Kathmandu hotel - May 29, 2011
- Iran denies Syria captives are elite guards - Aug 06, 2012
- Two French nationals abducted in Mali - Nov 25, 2011
- Three killed in latest prison riot in northern Mexico - Feb 22, 2012
- Five taxi drivers killed in Mexican city - Feb 22, 2012
- Five shot dead at disco in Mexican city - Apr 16, 2012
- Small blast reported outside U.S. Consulate in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico - Apr 11, 2010
- Abducted Mexican journalist found dead (Lead) - May 19, 2012
Tags: abducted, abductions, american citizen, american guests, american woman, armed men, bno, brian quigley, el norte, holiday inn hotel, hooded men, hotel guests, main roads, mexico hotel, military men, mision hotel, monterrey mexico, second group, security guard, security personnel