Gunmen abduct Mexico hotel guests, no US woman among the victims

April 22nd, 2010 - 2:08 am ICT by BNO News  

MONTERREY, MEXICO (BNO NEWS) – Seven people were abducted from the Holiday Inn hotel in downtown Monterrey, Mexico, the El Norte newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Witnesses said that a group of 50 hooded men executed the abductions in few minutes at Holiday Inn Hotel; they fled driving at least 10 SUVs. The operation happened after armed men blocked two main roads using four vehicles in order to avoid contact with military men who were patrolling the area.

At Holiday Inn hotel, a security guard was injured on the head. Several guests witnessed the abduction. It was originally reported that a security guard, the receptionist and four guests, including an American citizen were taken by the armed men. However the U.S. Consulate in Monterrey denied that an American woman was among the seven people abducted in the hotel.

“Our Consulate Office has not received information so far that any American citizen has been kidnapped this morning,” said Brian Quigley, a Consulate spokesman.

“We have information that there were American guests staying at the two hotels, but none were involved in the incident.”

One of the victims tried to escape but he was shot and retrieved by one of the gunmen. “They took many, they were armed, we heard punches and screams,” a witness said.

Earlier it was informed that a second group of hitmen attacked the Mision Hotel at the same time, just a few meters away from Holiday Inn, abducting a man but security personnel of the hotel declared that no person has been kidnapped at that place.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World News |

Subscribe