Gunman kills 4 at Minnesota workplace before shooting selfSeptember 29th, 2012 - 3:47 pm ICT by BNO News
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA (BNO NEWS) — A gunman opened fire in the state of Minnesota killing four people, before fatally shooting himself, local authorities said Friday.
The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon at around 4:30 p.m. local time at a Accent Signage Systems on Chestnut Avenue West in the Bryn Mawr neighborhood located in Minneapolis, the state capital of Minnesota, when a man opened fire.
During an evening press conference, Minneapolis Deputy Police Chief Kris Arneson said several people were dead without detailing the exact number. However, early Friday morning, police confirmed that four people were killed, in addition to the gunman.
Reports indicate that the suspected gunman had lost his job before returning to the building and killing the company’s founder, Reuven Rahamim, as well as three other employees. In addition, four others were injured, including two company executives who were reported in critical condition. They were identified as John Souter, the operations director, and Eric Rivers, the production manager. They were transported to the Hennepin County Medical Center.
As law enforcement teams arrived at the scene of the attack, the gunman was later declared dead around one hour after the incident began due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Local media identified the gunman as 36-year-old Andrew Engeldinger, although his name has not officially been disclosed.
- Eight killed, one injured in Ohio shooting spree - Aug 08, 2011
- Gunman kills four in US - Aug 30, 2010
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- Gunman kills five, self at US skating rink - Jul 24, 2011
- Kentucky Shooting: Stanley Neace goes on killing spree - Sep 12, 2010
- 7 killed in shooting at US gurudwara - Aug 06, 2012
- Belgian gunman kills son and police officer - Mar 14, 2010
- Gunman Colton Tooley Fires Four Shots, Then Commits Suicide - Sep 29, 2010
- Three die in US shopping plaza shootout (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Pay compensation to dead Sikhs, BJP tells US - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: arneson, bno, bryn mawr, capital of minnesota, company executives, county medical center, critical condition, deputy police chief, evening press, exact number, gunman opened fire, hennepin county medical center, local authorities, minneapolis minnesota, morning police, operations director, reuven, state capital of minnesota, state of minnesota, thursday afternoon