Grim Sleeper Suspect Arrested And Suspected Of More MurdersJuly 10th, 2010 - 7:05 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Lonnie David Franklin Jr. was arrested last Wednesday, July 7, 2010 by Los Angeles Police Department as he was the prime suspect of more than 10 murders. The investigators now believe that the “Grim Sleeper” suspect has actually murdered 10 people or more. The recent report says that more than 30 previous cases from 1984 are getting new look in the light of Lonnie David Franklin’s arrest.
“Grim Sleeper” was arrested by Los Angeles Police using familial DNA and now that the police knows his all whereabouts, it is going to be easy for them to solve all the previous murder mysteries. The investigators will again upload “Grim Sleeper”s DNA profile into a national database to see if it matches other samples where the DNA has degraded. The Los Angeles County District Attorney charged Lonnie David Franklin Jr. with 10 counts of murder in court on Thursday, July 8, 2010 and also charged him with one count of attempted murder and a special circumstance of “multiple murders” as the district attorney Stephen L. Cooley said. The attorney had also said that if he was found guilty then he would be given a death sentence. However, “Grim Sleeper” arraignment was postponed until August 9.
Lonnie David Franklin Jr. was previously arrested for at-least 15 times for car theft, burglary, assaults and many other heinous crimes, but somehow got rid of long term imprisonments. Los Angeles police frisked Lonnie David Franklin Jr.’s house yesterday to find out more clues for their further investigation and found several firearms which they later sent for ballistics testing. Lonnie David Franklin Jr. was nicknamed “Grim Killer” by the media as he went on a hiatus for around 14 years. The serial killer stopped his activity from 1988 to 2002.
- Lonnie David Franklin Jr. Arrested On Suspicion Of Being "Grim Sleeper" - Jul 08, 2010
- Grim Sleeper Serial Killer Arrested On Wednesday In Los Angeles - Jul 08, 2010
- Grim Sleeper serial killer arrested in Los Angeles - Jul 08, 2010
- Lonnie Franklin Jr. arrested in the 'Grim Sleeper' case - Jul 08, 2010
- Police Flooded With Response After Releasing Photos In 'Grim Sleeper' Case - Dec 18, 2010
- Alleged 'Grim Sleeper' Scheduled To Emerge In A Courthouse In Los Angeles On Tuesday - Jul 27, 2010
- Police Finally Arrest The 'Grim Sleeper' - Jul 10, 2010
- Los Angeles serial killer 'Grim Sleeper' arrested - Jul 08, 2010
- LAPD Accused By Grim Sleeper's Attorney - Dec 19, 2010
- LAPD Hopes To Get Public Help By Releasing Pictures In 'Grim Sleeper' Case - Dec 17, 2010
- Photos Recovered From "Grim Sleeper" Suspect's Property - Dec 17, 2010
- New Composites of The Grim Sleeper: Police Hunt For LA Serial Killer - May 06, 2010
- Grim Sleeper Hunt Intensified By LAPD - May 06, 2010
- Eight officials from the city of Bell arrested on corruption charges - Sep 23, 2010
- Fresh Sketches Discharged In The Chase For The 'Grim Sleeper' Serial Slaughterer - May 06, 2010
Tags: angeles police department, arraignment, ballistics, burglary, car theft, cooley, county district attorney, david franklin, death sentence, dna profile, gina gomez, grim sleeper, heinous crimes, hiatus, los angeles county district attorney, multiple murders, murder mysteries, national database, prime suspect, special circumstance