GRE now to be accepted by Harvard Business SchoolMay 26th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by GD
The Harvard Business School has announced that it will accept GRE scores for admission to all its business schools. The announcement came on 21st May. It is followed by the earlier decision of using the GRE scores for admission to its 2+2 programs.
HBS managing director of Admissions and financial aid said that he was happy to broaden and extend the requirements to give all MBA candidates the option of submitting results either from GRE or GMAT. Thus, candidates are now no longer required to take both GMAT and GRE because like many other MBA schools Harvard now acknowledges that a candidate who has thrived the GRE can thrive their MBA program too and there is no need for the candidate to clear GMAT. This move is going to help candidates because many candidates who apply for MBA are at the same time looking for many other courses as probable options, admission to which requires clearing GRE.
The decision is consistent with Harvard’s move to find business leaders out of the purview of traditional business schools, that is from consultant firms, college business programs and investment banks. It also establishes that GRE is a credible competitor to GMAT and therefore more business schools are likely to follow suit very soon and allow GRE scores as a credible option for their admission procedures.
In the wake of this news, the Graduate Management Admission council is thinking of plans to launch the next generation GMAT exam, which is expected to hit the market in 2013.
- Computer-based admission tests critical to build managerial pool (Comment) - Sep 15, 2010
- Punjab B-school gets approval to use GRE score - Apr 11, 2010
- Punjab B-school gets approval to use GMAT scores - Mar 21, 2010
- US varsities taking holistic view of Asian students' applications - Feb 05, 2011
- Harvard conducts case study on Farhan's Excel Entertainment - Sep 11, 2012
- Yale names IIM, Ahmedabad almunus to top post (With images) - Jun 18, 2012
- Investments will boost India, US economies: Harvard India meet - Mar 27, 2012
- UK varsity offers scholarship for Indian managers - Jun 07, 2012
- Eight male engineers score 100 percentile in CAT-2010 - Jan 12, 2011
- 15-year-old offered admission at Harvard - May 06, 2011
- Tyra on a high after Harvard stint - Mar 29, 2012
- Kapil Sibal, make higher education stress-free too! (Comment) - Oct 02, 2010
- Anand Mahindra gifts Harvard $10 mn for humanities centre - Oct 05, 2010
- Europe Asia Business School launches Mumbai campus - Dec 20, 2010
- Taj Hotel is honoured to be part of Harvard study - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: admission procedures, business leaders, business programs, college business, competitor, consultant firms, financial aid, gmat, graduate management admission, graduate management admission council, gre scores, harvard business school, investment banks, managing director, mba candidates, mba program, mba schools, next generation, purview, traditional business schools