Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trialJune 1st, 2011 - 1:21 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Orlando, May 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Casey Anthony’s murder trial continued with prosecutors playing a 911 tape to the jury. As the tape was being played, Casey’s mother could be seen burying her head in her arms.
Cindy Anthony could not hold back her emotions when she heard the words that the prosecutors said her daughter told 911 operators. On the tape, Casey could be heard on the said tape telling the emergency workers that her daughter has been missing for 31 days and that another woman was having her daughter.
The voice on the tape said that, “My daughter’s been missing for the last 31 days. I know who has her. I’ve tried to contact her. I actually received a phone call today…I did get to speak to my daughter for about a moment.”
She told the operators at the other end of the telephone line that her nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez was the person who had taken her daughter away.
Casey is standing trial for the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. She has been charged with first degree murder and she can face the death penalty if she is found guilty.
The defense team argues that Caylee accidentally drowned in the family pool.
- Casey Anthony found hiding in Florida - May 23, 2012
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee's skull - Jun 10, 2011
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
- Prosecutors Desire The Death Penalty For Casey Anthony - May 15, 2010
- Casey Anthony May Get Death Penalty - May 15, 2010
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Reports suggest that Casey Anthony is in hiding - Sep 22, 2011
- Bill Maher compares Casey Anthony's case to 'Republican Thinking' - Jul 11, 2011
- Casey Anthony reveals that she became pregnant after being raped - Jan 12, 2012
- Judge Rules Casey Anthony Could Face Death Penalty - May 12, 2010
- Casey Anthony's Letters Written In Jail Publicized - Apr 08, 2010
Tags: 911 operators, casey, cindy, death penalty, emergency workers, emotions, family pool, fernandez gonzalez, first degree murder, grandmother, murder trial, nanny, phone call, prosecutors, telephone line