Gordon Ramsay a low life says Australian PMJune 9th, 2009 - 9:00 pm ICT by John Le Fevre
Australia’s political leaders, British newspapers and American celebrity columnists are amongst those who have fired a broadside at millionaire chef Gordon Ramsay over his antics in Australia.
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd today described Ramsay as a “low life”, while Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard told him to get back to the kitchen.
One day after being interviewed by Tracy Grimshaw on the A Current Affair television show, Ramsay told shocked food lovers in Melbourne the TV host was “a lesbian” and needed “to see Simon Cowell’s Botox doctor”.
He also showed a picture of a woman, who appeared naked on all fours, with multiple breasts and the facial features of a pig, saying, “that’s Tracy Grimshaw.”
The next day Ramsay followed up his rant against the veteran Australian journalist by saying he and Grimshaw “were secret lovers for 20 years,” before dismissing it as a joke. “No, I didn’t go there . … I didn’t stoop that low, for God’s sake.”
Last night in the first edition of A Current Affair to go to air since Ramsay started his rant, Grimshaw hit back saying, “I’m not going to sit meekly and let some arrogant narcissist bully me.”
“We’ve all seen how Gordon Ramsay treats his wife and he supposedly loves her. We’re all just fodder to him.”
Grimshaw said prior to her interview with Ramsay last week, “his publicists stipulated incessantly the interviews on this trip not include questions about his marriage and private life. We all know why. I respected that request, but it appears with Ramsay that respect is a one-way street.”
In the UK The Daily Mirror and the Mail Online both joined in to castigate the high profile chef, while in the US Celebrity watcher Perez Hilton said on his website that Ramsay had gone too far with his “sexist, homophobic remarks”.
Gay websites have also condemned the comments with one contributor on samesame.com.au, which says it is Australia’s No.1 gay and lesbian lifestyle site, saying, “Ramsay is just a little snot with no breeding or class”, while another penned, “Gordon is quite unattractive - I think many people both gay and straight would agree with that fact.”
In the UK the Mirror took a more sarcastic approach stating: “Gordon is such a handsome devil, a veritable sex god come to Earth to live among men, you can understand why he might feel that mere mortals are unworthy of his presence,”
- Foul-mouth chef Gordon Ramsay embroiled in controversy again - Jun 09, 2009
- Gordon Ramsay apologises to TV host Tracy Grimshaw - Jun 10, 2009
- Gordon Ramsay to star in 'The Simpsons' - Nov 13, 2011
- Lily Allen gets cooking lesson from Gordon Ramsay - May 24, 2011
- Beckham's road trip with Ramsay - Aug 04, 2012
- Gordon Ramsay to open beauty salon - Oct 03, 2011
- I have been vaporised by Gordon Ramsay: Chris Hutcheson - Oct 31, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay to sue family members - Aug 09, 2011
- Obama supports gay marriage - May 10, 2012
- Gordon Ramsay stretchered off the field after a tackle from Teddy Sheringham at Soccer Aid - May 30, 2012
- Gordon Ramsay's 'ex-mistress' to lift the lid on their 'affair' - Aug 09, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay 'served with $2m tax bill in US' - Aug 01, 2010
- WWE star apologizes for his homophobic slur at a fan - Jul 05, 2011
- Female chef in Gordon Ramsay's kitchen claims sexual harassment - Apr 23, 2011
- Holli Ugalde Wins Hell's Kitchen - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: american celebrity, australian journalist, british newspapers, celebrity columnists, chef gordon ramsay, current affair, daily mirror, deputy prime minister, gay websites, homophobic remarks, julia gillard, kevin rudd, lesbian lifestyle, mail, multiple breasts, narcissist, perez hilton, secret lovers, simon cowell, tracy grimshaw