GM Takes The Wraps Off New Camaro At Chicago Auto ShowFebruary 10th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Chicago, Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Chicago Auto show 2011 has turned out to be a major destination for the car buyers. The major Auto companies are introducing their latest models at the event. GM has introduced its much touted Chevy Camaro with some notable changes and features. The car is powered by a beefy V-8 engine. The Camaro ZL1 attracted a lot of delegates at the auto show on Wednesday when it was officially introduced by GM. Even though the price of the car has not been declared GM has indicated that it will hit the showrooms in next year’s first quarter. GM on its parts has said this edition of Camaro is the most technologically advanced till date. It has a 550 HP engine the same one the company uses in the Cadillac CTS-V.
The GM Camaro ZL1 is designed to lock horns with rival Ford’s Shelby GT500 Mustang. The model comes equipped with a six-speed manual transmission and special brakes. It can reach a top speed of 191 miles a hour and to reach 60 mph it takes less than 4 seconds. Mileage wise it is not the best one in the class but cars with such turbo charged engines are not meant for fuel economy in the first place. Chevrolet marketing VP Rick Scheidt said on the new model “Camaro ZL1 is about high-tech performance and design, and is a type of car no one has ever brought to this segment previously”.
The 2012 Camaro is inspired by the 1969 special edition Camaro. GM has its hopes pinned on the model and hopes to overtake rivals by a fair margin.
- Ford Set To Win Muscle Car Race With Mustang 2011 - Dec 01, 2009
- GM's Camaro outsells Ford's Mustang - Jan 10, 2011
- Neiman Marcus Camaros Sells Out In 3 Minutes - Oct 21, 2010
- Neiman Marcus' Camaros sell out in just 3 minutes - Oct 21, 2010
- Detroit Auto Show 2011: Volt Makes GM Proud Again! - Jan 11, 2011
- Skoda launches new Laura RS - Sep 20, 2011
- Chevy Volt: A Winner From GM's Stable! - Jan 15, 2011
- GM Stock Price Rises, No Good for Older Stock Holders - Nov 19, 2010
- Ford Revs Up Mustang GT 5.0 To Rule The Roads - Dec 29, 2009
- GM Auctions The First Chevy Volt - Dec 03, 2010
- Four-time world rally champion sets new car world speed record on ice at 330.695 km/h - Feb 16, 2011
- Ford V6 Mustang: 1000 Laps On Bristol Motor Speedway - Mar 22, 2010
- Toyota Highlander Refreshed Version In Moscow - Aug 27, 2010
- Renault launches SUV Koleos in India - Sep 08, 2011
- Pre-F1 parade to showcase Gandhi's car, vintage beauties - Oct 25, 2011
Tags: cadillac cts, cadillac cts v, camaro, camaro zl1, car buyers, chevy camaro, chicago auto show, fuel economy, hp engine, major auto companies, manual transmission, model camaro, new camaro, new model, ranjan, rick scheidt, rivals, shelby gt500 mustang, showrooms, top speed