“Giant Woman” To Undergo Surgery To Stop Her OvergrowthJune 5th, 2010 - 8:45 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Las Vegas, June 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Tanya Angus who is better known as the “Giant woman” and stands tall at 7 feet and weighs 336 lbs has been a wonder to all doctors who haven’t been able to figure out the cause for her overgrowth.
However, a recent MRI performed by the medicos revealed the fact that the overgrowth of her body is no giant ‘feature but its all about a brain tumor which measures just the size of an orange.
In medical term, her state is called “Acromegaly” which happens to be a rare disease and a fatal one if left unattended. However the doctors have assured that they shall have to put Tanya Angus under the blade for a couple of time to put an end to her alarming growth rate.
When asked about her own sate she told the media that it’s more of the people and less of the disease which made her life turn miserable. She said how people kept asking her what sex she was which made her feel bad and low each and every time.
The “giant woman” also said that she wasn’t like this from the very start. When she was young she was 6 feet tall and appeared to be normal. The brain tumor started developing slowly and the doctors on initial diagnosis had said that she wont survive beyond 30.
As a matter of fact she is 31 now and the doctors calls the maximum age limit for her as 40. Inspite of the fact that the patient has to move around with a giant structure which is associated with severe flu and intense back pains, she refuses to give up.
She says that no matter what the medicos say she wants to “push on” as long as she can.
- No More Growth For The Woman Who Couldn't Stop Growing - Jun 03, 2010
- Surgery Successful For 'The Woman Who Can't Stop Growing' - Jun 03, 2010
- Cure for woman who can't stop growing found - Jun 03, 2010
- Doctors Find A Way To Cure Giant Woman - Jun 05, 2010
- Tanya Angus: Not A Biblical Giant - Jun 24, 2009
- The woman who can't stop growing - Jul 23, 2009
- British police: The tall and the short - Nov 18, 2011
- Meet the 5-yr-old Brit boy who is already 4ft 2ins tall - Apr 19, 2011
- Man attacks London women with bladed weapon - Aug 21, 2012
- A community effort to curb suicides in Mumbai - Dec 19, 2011
- Giant race 'came from mutant gene' - Jan 06, 2011
- Why do some people have giant hands and feet? - Aug 24, 2009
- Protein that controls liver stem cells, prevents tumor development found - Aug 13, 2010
- Elisany Silva, World's Tallest Teen Hoping to be World's Tallest Model - Aug 27, 2010
- Seven-foot tall woman draws crowds in Bengal - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: acromegaly, alarming growth, angus, back pains, blade, brain tumor, doctors, flu, giant structure, giant woman, initial diagnosis, inspite, matter of fact, maximum age limit, medical term, medicos, ranjan, rare disease, sate, tanya