Furious Ryanair passengers stage plane sit-inNovember 18th, 2010 - 8:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Liege, Nov 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) About 100 passengers of Ryanair were on Wednesday enraged when they were taken to the Belgian city of Liege instead of Beauvais. And to protest the disapproval, the passengers staged a sit-in strike to demand that they be taken to Beauvais. That though didn’t happen at least for the next 4 hours because the cabin crew in the flight rubbed salt into their injuries by locking the plane’s toilets and switching off all the lights.
The incident happened after the plane which was due to depart from the Moroccan city of Fex on Tuesday. However bad weather made the flight to be delayed by some three hours and by the time the plane reached Beauvais, the airport was closed. That is how the plane ended up at Liege. The behavior of the plane’s cabin crew shocked the passengers greatly because for the four hours that they were left in the plane, there was no food or water made available to the passengers. And incredibly the pilot who also left the plane with the other crew members left the cockpit door opened.
The passengers finally agreed to come off the plane and be carried in buses to their destination in France which is 3 hours drive. Ryanair issued a statement later and defended the action of the crew on the FR5222 flight.
The airliner said that, “The majority of passengers followed crew requests to disembark for onward coach transportation to Paris Beauvais. Passengers on one flight, FR5222 (Fez – Paris Beauvais), ignored crew instructions and remained on the aircraft until requested to disembark by Airport Police. Ryanair thanks the majority of passengers who followed crew advice and apologises to them for the inconvenience of these weather related diversions. All passengers were coached onward to Beauvais.”
- Furious Ryanair Passengers Stage 4 Hour Plane Sit-in - Nov 19, 2010
- Plane makes u-turn to offload unruly passengers - Dec 31, 2010
- Airline flies man to Sweden instead of France - Jun 30, 2012
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's help but passengers miffed (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's cooperation (Evening Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Ryanair trests cardiac arrest passenger with a sandwich - Aug 05, 2011
- Plane makes emergency landing in London - Apr 16, 2012
- Avoid American airlines, Indians told - Dec 16, 2011
- NTSB investigating wing clipping incident at New York's JFK airport - Apr 13, 2011
- Bee Swarm on Airplane Wing Delays Flight - Nov 18, 2010
- Plane diverted after passenger found smoking - Aug 06, 2010
- JetBlue captain goes berserk on flight, subdued by passengers - Mar 29, 2012
- Air India passengers relieved to get home, some miffed with Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India plane lands in Oman after bomb hoax - Aug 20, 2010
- Decision not to land at reserve airfield caused Polish plane crash - Jan 12, 2011