Fugitive planned his suicide by drug overdose & wanted the bears to eat him upJanuary 28th, 2011 - 8:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Arizona, Jan 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A fugitive have told the police after his capture that he had wanted to commit suicide and allow the bears to eat his flesh up.
Tracy Province is a convicted killer. He managed to escape from an Arizona prison. He revealed when he realized that the search for him had intensified, he planned to overdose himself on heroin and die at the Yellowstone National Park where he believed bears would eat his body.
He told officers that he was in the middle of preparing the drug when a voice told him to stop. He fortunately listened to the voice and decided to go to Indiana and see his family.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that Province believed the voice was a “divine intervention”.
Concerning the practicality of Province’s plan, a spokesman at the Yellowstone National Park said that, “We have a fair number of bears in the ecosystem. They eat about anything. A bear would rather get an easy meal than a difficult meal, but human-bear encounters are very infrequent.”
Province and two other accomplices were convicted of killing a couple in Mexico and burning their bodies in a caravan. They now have new charges of escape, kidnapping, aggravated assault and armed robbery.
- Escaped Convict Tracy Province Nabbed By Authorities - Aug 10, 2010
- Yellowstone National Park officials confirm grizzly attack death - Aug 30, 2011
- Yellowstone National Park officials hunt for a killer grizzly bear - Jul 07, 2011
- One Dead and Two Injured in Montana Bear Attack Near Yellowstone - Jul 29, 2010
- Gypsy travels: Caravan tourism arrives in India - Aug 07, 2010
- Journalist shot dead in Pakistan - Aug 15, 2011
- 3 Convicts Flee From An Arizonian Prison Causing The Quitting Of 2 Prison Officers - Aug 16, 2010
- Nasty email about boss costs an employee $10,000 - Jun 20, 2012
- Bear shot dead after it mauls 70-year-old man - Jun 20, 2010
- Loss of predators tied with deforestation - Apr 10, 2012
- He fled jail only to be caught 15 years later - Dec 15, 2011
- Dutch TV airs cannibalism segment - Dec 21, 2011
- Escaped bears kill two in Japan - Apr 20, 2012
- Man says he killed kids he couldn't sell - Feb 18, 2012
- Jeffrey Landrigan Executed After 20 Years On Death Row - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: accomplices, arizona prison, armed robbery, caravan, divine intervention, ecosystem, flesh, fugitive, heroin, jan 28, las vegas review journal, mexico, practicality, spokesman, suicide by drug overdose, vegas review journal, yellowstone national park