Foxy Knoxy smoking pot and having sex while friend Meredith Kercher is murderedJune 13th, 2009 - 2:39 am ICT by John Le Fevre
American college student Amanda Knox, aka Foxy Knoxy, has told an Italian court she was at the home of her co-accused boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, smoking marijuana and making love at the time British student Meredith Kercher was being murdered in their shared house.
Knox, 21, from Seattle, Washington, told the panel of eight judges that on the night of November 1, 2007, when Kercher was killed, she was at her then boyfriend’s house all night.
Knox testified, she went home to the villa she shared with Kercher to take a shower the next morning and it was then that she noticed a series of “strange things,” including dried blood in the sink and on the bath mat, unflushed feces in the toilet and a locked door to Kercher’s room.
Knox said when she returned to Sollecito’s house she told him about the strange things and he called his sister, a member of the Carabinieri, the Italian military police.
Kercher’s body was found half-naked in her bed on November 2, 2007 and prosecutors are alleging the 21-year-old died in a “drug-fueled sex game” with Knox and Sollecito.
Both Knox and Sollecito are charged with murder and sexual assault. A third person, Ivory Coast native Rudy Hermann Guede, was convicted of murder in a fast-track trial in October and sentenced to 30 years in prison. He is appealing the verdict.
In court papers, prosecutors alleged Sollecito held Kercher by her wrists while Knox poked her with a knife and Guede sexually assaulted her.
Prosecutors have said that they have physical evidence placing the defendants at the scene and that the suspects gave investigators confusing and contradictory statements about their whereabouts the night Kercher died.
Knox testified a November 6 deposition she gave to police was confusing because she felt pressured and intimidated by the way police were conducting the investigation. She said an interpreter was there and encouraged her to remember facts, which led her to say things that she later retracted.
“Quite frankly, I didn’t have a good relationship with either the police or the public [prosecutor], because even he tried to suggest the answers I should give,” Knox testified.
The trial is taking place in Perugia, a university town about 115 miles (185 kilometers) north of Rome and is scheduled to run until January 16, 2010.
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
- Hayden Panettiere to star as Amanda Knox in TV movie 'Lifetime' - Sep 22, 2010
- Parents of American student Amanda Knox indicted for libeling police in Italy - Feb 16, 2011
- 'Tired and disappointed' Amanda Knox on 'suicide watch' - Dec 07, 2009
- Knox flies home after acquittal in murder case - Oct 04, 2011
- Hayden Panettiere to play convicted murderer Amanda Knox - Sep 21, 2010
- Amanda Knox gets 26-year jail term for Meredith Kercher murder - Dec 05, 2009
- Amanda Knox And Her Former Boyfriend Convicted In The Murder Of Meredith Kercher - Dec 05, 2009
- Amanda Knox Turns Emotional For The First Time In Murder Appeal - Dec 12, 2010
- Amanda Knox may be acquitted - Sep 07, 2011
- Appeal Trial Of Amanda Knox Commences In Italy, With Her Attorneys Asserting Her Guiltlessness - Nov 25, 2010
- Amanda Knox to sign 2.5 mn pounds book deal - Feb 18, 2012
- Amanda Knox's family invites her ex-boyfriend to Seattle - Oct 07, 2011
- Colin Firth to star in movie on British student's murder - Oct 03, 2010
- Amanda Knox's lawyers want to stop the Lifetime film - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: amanda knox, bath mat, carabinieri, contradictory statements, feces, friend meredith, guede, italian court, ivory coast, kercher, making love, military police, physical evidence, seattle washington, sex game, sexual assault, smoking marijuana, smoking pot, strange things, third person