Fourteen dismembered bodies found in truck in MexicoJune 8th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Ciudad Mante, June 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Fourteen dismembered human bodies have been discovered in a truck in the centre of a Northern Mexican town on Thursday.
Local media believe that the murders could be the work of rival gangs. Criminal groups frequently battle over drug-smuggling routes in the area, local media said.
The bodies of the eleven men and three women were found town of Ciudad Mante in the south of Tamaulipas state, near the Texas border. This state has become one of the bloodiest battlegrounds in the country’s fight against narco-traffickers.
Over 55,000 Mexicans have been murdered since the conflict started after the Mexican President Felipe Calderon sent the army to fight against drug gangs shortly after he became president in December 2006. The government blames the rivalry between the Zetas gang, and Joaquin “Shorty” Guzman’s Sinaloa cartel of Mexico for the recent increase in deaths.
Calderon’s party, the conservative National Action Party (PAN) will probably suffer from the increased frustration of the Mexican population with the violence generated by the conflict. Polls have shown that the party will probably lose power in the upcoming presidential election, which will take place on July 1.
- 121 Bodies recovered from mass graves in Mexican state - May 06, 2011
- Five bullet-riddled bodies found on Mexican highway - Dec 31, 2010
- 14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Jun 09, 2012
- Gunmen kill seven in Mexican town - Mar 24, 2011
- Mexican prison's security chief gunned down - Jul 30, 2012
- Mexican president says he received death threat - Aug 21, 2012
- Mexican Supreme Court official held for links to drug cartel - Aug 13, 2012
- Mexican city's lone police officer kidnapped - Dec 28, 2010
- Four shot dead in Mexican bar's parking lot - Mar 09, 2011
- Mexican drug lord's wife reportedly arrested in the country's west - May 14, 2010
- Seven killed in Mexico violence - Jan 23, 2011
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- Nine charred bodies found in Mexico - Nov 24, 2011
- 5 Bodies found hanging from bridges in Mexican city - Mar 01, 2011
- Four die in Mexico prison fight - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: battlegrounds, ciudad mante, criminal groups, drug gangs, drug smuggling, human bodies, joaquin shorty guzman, local media, mexican population, mexican president felipe calderon, mexicans, mexico ciudad, president felipe calderon, rival gangs, shorty, sinaloa cartel, texas border, three women, traffickers, zetas gang