Four injured after small plane crashes in Las VegasSeptember 6th, 2010 - 11:27 pm ICT by BNO News
LAS VEGAS (BNO NEWS) — A small plane crashed in a Las Vegas neighborhood on early Monday morning, officials said, injuring at least four people.
The small Piper Cherokee aircraft carrying at least four people went down in the Henderson suburb of Las Vegas at around 8 a.m. local time, according to Chris Jones, a spokesman for the Clark County Department of Aviation.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) spokesman Ian Gregor said the aircraft departed Henderson Executive Airport shortly before the accident and was unable to gain altitude. “The pilot tried to return to Henderson but crashed on a street in a residential neighborhood about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) northwest of the airport at 8:15 a.m.,” he said.
Stacey Welling, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Fire Department who was on her way to the scene, said four people were transported to a local hospital. She said the plane crashed into some cars, but did not say whether there were injuries on the ground.
The conditions of the injured were not immediately known.
- Small plane crashes in Las Vegas, casualties unknown - Sep 06, 2010
- One killed after small plane crashes in Las Vegas - Sep 07, 2010
- Plane Crashes in Las Vegas Neighborhood, Injuries Reported - Sep 06, 2010
- Five die in Los Angeles-area plane crash - Mar 17, 2011
- Two killed in US plane crash - May 10, 2010
- Small plane crashes after take-off in South Dakota, killing 4 - Dec 10, 2011
- Three killed in US plane crash - Jul 25, 2011
- Two die in Groveland, California small plane crash - Feb 20, 2010
- Three killed in California crash (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- Small plane crashes in southern California, kills one - Jul 28, 2010
- Small plane crashes at Long Beach Airport in California - Mar 17, 2011
- Small plane crash in central California injures Australian pilot - Mar 23, 2010
- Small planes collide over Arizona - Sep 10, 2009
- One dead in CHP plane crash near San Diego County-Imperial County border, CA - May 08, 2010
- Small plane crash near Lebanon, Kentucky airport kills one - Feb 24, 2010
Tags: altitude, bno, cars, clark county department, clark county fire department, county fire department, early monday morning, faa spokesman, federal aviation administration, henderson executive airport, kilometers, las vegas, local hospital, local time, pilot, piper cherokee, residential neighborhood, small plane crashes, spokeswoman, suburb