Four die in West Fork, Arkansas small plane crashFebruary 7th, 2010 - 2:36 pm ICT by BNO News
WEST FORK, ARKANSAS (BNO NEWS) — Four people were killed when their Beechcraft A36 single-engine plane crashed in a field near West Fork, Arkansas on Saturday, officials said.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a report from a witness that a small plane had crashed in the Brentwood Mountain area south of West Fork around 11.45 a.m. local time. When deputies and medical personnel arrived on scene, they discovered the aircraft.
The single-engine airplane left the Hot Springs Airport in Hot Springs around 11 a.m. en-route to Drake Field Airport in Fayetteville. It went down near Oak Grove Road in south Washington County.
The four fatalities were identified as 16-year-old Mary Cooper, 14-year-old Elizabeth Cooper, 57-year-old Martin Draper and 46-year-old pilot Edward Cooper. They were all from Hot Springs.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) are on scene to investigate the crash. The bodies of the victims were released to the Washington County Coroner’s Office.
- Five die in Los Angeles-area plane crash - Mar 17, 2011
- Two Indian brothers killed in US plane crash - Jul 16, 2010
- Three killed in US plane crash - Jul 25, 2011
- Indian-American doctor couple killed in Ohio plane crash - Jun 20, 2011
- Small plane crashes at Long Beach Airport in California - Mar 17, 2011
- Small plane crashes after take-off in South Dakota, killing 4 - Dec 10, 2011
- One dead after small plane crashes in Jefferson County, Indiana - Apr 20, 2010
- Small plane crashes in Buckeye, Arizona; no injuries - Apr 23, 2010
- Two dead in small plane crash in Austria - Aug 22, 2011
- Okla. State University women's basketball coach killed in Ark. plane crash - Nov 18, 2011
- Small plane crashes in southern California, kills one - Jul 28, 2010
- Indian-origin man among five dead in US plane crash (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Air India Dreamliner engine failure during pre-delivery test - Aug 02, 2012
- Pilot injured after small plane crashes near Lincoln County, Oklahoma airport - May 07, 2010
- Six feared dead after small plane crashes into the Arizona mountains - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: beechcraft a36, bno, county coroner, drake field airport, edward cooper, elizabeth cooper, engine airplane, engine plane, federal aviation administration, hot springs airport, martin draper, mary cooper, national transportation safety, national transportation safety board, ntsb, plane crash, south washington county, transportation safety board, washington county sheriff, west fork arkansas