Four children hurt when Taiwanese man crashes car into schoolDecember 20th, 2010 - 5:03 pm ICT by BNO News
TAIPEI (BNO NEWS) — Four children were injured on Monday morning when a suicidal man crashed his car carrying containers of petrol into a primary school in Taiwan, local media reported.
The United Daily Newspaper reported that 67-year-old Wu Chuan-ming drove his vehicle at a high rate of speed into the Puchien Primary School in Panchiao, not far from Taipei, striking four children aged 6 to 12.
The paper said Wu exited his car after the crash, after which he pulled out and ignited one of four petrol containers he had with him in an apparent suicide attempt. Teachers and parents who witnessed the incident were able to put out the fire, saving his life.
The four children were transported to area hospitals where they remain in a stable condition. The suspect was also brought to an area hospital, where he remains in a critical condition with burns over up to twenty percent of his body.
It was not immediately clear what Wu’s intention was, but Taiwanese media indicated the man was having problems with his family.
- At least 2 killed, 2 missing after ships collide off Taiwan - Oct 28, 2011
- Jason Wu – Whom Did Michelle Obama Wear At The Inauguration Ball? - Dec 21, 2010
- Former Taiwan leader gets jail term for corruption - Dec 06, 2010
- Tour bus accident in northeastern China kills 4 - Aug 15, 2011
- Taiwan boy survives 11-floor fall - Jun 25, 2010
- Taiwan man sentenced for selling 'cursed' house - Apr 12, 2009
- Chinese woman hammers nails into boy's head - Sep 14, 2011
- Nine killed in China kindergarten attack (Second Lead) - May 12, 2010
- Three dead in road accident - May 30, 2011
- Dental cleanings reduce heart attack risk - Nov 14, 2011
- Man sentenced for lying mom's death over funeral subsidy - Jun 09, 2009
- Passenger buses collide in Taiwan tunnel, killing 2 - May 08, 2012
- New Delhi shooting won't stop Taiwanese from visiting India - Sep 20, 2010
- Taiwan offers cabbages in return for swine flu shot - Dec 12, 2009
- Taiwan woman sprains ankle at pothole, wins compensation - Oct 27, 2009
Tags: apparent suicide attempt, bno, burns, containers, crash, crashes, critical condition, hospitals, intention, local media, monday morning, parents, petrol, stable condition, suicidal man, taipei, taiwan, taiwanese man, united daily, wu chuan