Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter rushed to Cleveland hospitalSeptember 29th, 2010 - 12:15 am ICT by BNO News
CLEVELAND, OHIO (BNO NEWS) — Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter was rushed to a Cleveland, Ohio hospital on late Tuesday morning after falling ill on a plane, officials said.
Carter, 85, was rushed to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland after his plane landed at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport at approximately 11.30 a.m. EDT. Jacqueline Mayo, a spokeswoman for the Cleveland Airport System, said Carter was not feeling well.
“Our folks were dispatched out and took him from the plane,” Mayo said. The ambulance transporting Carter then rushed to MetroHealth Medical Center with an escort of police and secret service vehicles.
“While on a flight to Cleveland, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter developed an upset stomach, and, upon arrival, was taken to Metro Health Hospital for observation,” said Deanna Congileo, a spokeswoman for Carter. “He is resting comfortably and is expected to resume his book tour this week.”
Carter was traveling to promote his new book, “White House Dairy,” which was released last week. He was scheduled to appear at the Cleveland location of Joseph-Beth Booksellers at 1 p.m. EDT to promote the book and sign copies.
Carter, who turns 86 on Friday, served as the 39th President of the United States from 1977 to 1981 and was the recipient of the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter rushed to Cleveland hospital - Sep 28, 2010
- Former President Jimmy Carter hospitalized - Sep 28, 2010
- Former US President Jimmy Carter Taken to Hospital - Sep 28, 2010
- Carter to reach US with N. Korea released African-American detainee - Aug 27, 2010
- Teenager shot dead after George Clinton concert - Aug 01, 2011
- Reported gunman at NASA's Glenn Research Center was part of drill - Nov 05, 2010
- NASA's Glenn Research Center on lockdown after reported gunfire - Nov 05, 2010
- Toll in US school shooting climbs to three - Feb 29, 2012
- Ohio high school shooting claims third victim - Feb 29, 2012
- Jimmy Carter visits Cuba over the issue of tension with US - Mar 29, 2011
- Sarah Palin's book selling like hot cakes - Nov 21, 2009
- Thief calls for help as tonnes of rubbish crushes him - Sep 25, 2010
- Jimmy Carter arrives in US with freed American - Aug 28, 2010
- Ex-US President Carter sued for five million dollars over falsehoods in 'Palestine' book - Feb 02, 2011
- Jimmy Carter slams Ted Kennedy on health care issues - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,