Former Flint, MI, police officer sentenced for distributing marijuanaFebruary 27th, 2010 - 4:48 am ICT by BNO News
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA (BNO NEWS) – A former police officer, of Davisburg, Michigan, was sentenced to 90 months imprisonment for conspiring to distribute 1000 kilograms or more of marijuana and for possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, prosecutors announced on Friday.
Akil Young, 36, was a member of the Flint Police Department until his departure in 2001. Young was involved in the distribution of marijuana since 2005. He and others traveled to Arizona to purchase large quantities of marijuana to be sold later at Michigan.
In February 2009, federal agents executed a warrant at Young’s residence and seized over 1,000 pounds of marijuana and a .22 caliber handgun. DEA agents also secured over $2 million in cash and multiple cars at different locations in Michigan, Arizona and Missouri.
- John Turnpaugh: New Orleans resident indicted after threating to kill President - Jan 16, 2010
- Delta employees arrested in Detroit airport for international drug smuggling - Apr 29, 2011
- Five individuals arrested for marijuana distribution in Dickson County, TN - Apr 15, 2010
- Aurora, CO man sentenced for possession of a firearm - Mar 17, 2010
- Salina, KS man sentenced for guns and drug trafficking - Mar 12, 2010
- Pawtucket, RI man sentenced for drug and firearm charges - Mar 20, 2010
- Connecticut man pleads guilty after officials discover heroin and weapons in residence - Jan 16, 2010
- Turner, OR man arraigned for possessing 125 marijuana plants - Sep 15, 2010
- Arizona man sentenced to 30 years for distributing over 10 tons of marijuana - Oct 21, 2010
- Grammy-winning reggae artist Buju Banton sentenced to over 10 years in prison - Jun 24, 2011
- Mexican Sonora Cartel member sentenced to federal prison for Colorado marijuana trafficking organization - Feb 06, 2010
- Tucson drug dealer found guilty in massive marijuana trafficking case - Feb 11, 2010
- Two Mexican drug traffickers sentenced over 24 years in prison - Feb 19, 2010
- Five men arrested for drug and gun charges in Manchester, NH - Apr 16, 2010
- US agent accused of buying guns for Mexican cartels - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: 1000 kilograms, akil, bno, caliber handgun, cars, davisburg michigan, dea agents, drug trafficking, federal agents, flint police department, furtherance, imprisonment, new orleans louisiana, police officer, pounds of marijuana, prosecutors, quantities, warrant