Ford Theatre: “Bill Creilly’s killing of Lincoln is inaccurate”November 14th, 2011 - 8:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ford’s Theater has banned Bill O’Reilly’s book “Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever” for being factually inaccurate. The book which was co-written by Martin Dugard named Bill Creilly as the killer of former American President Abraham Lincoln.
The book has been criticized for distorting historical records in coming to its conclusion.
Lincoln was assassinated at the Ford’s Theater in 1865 by John Wikes Booth. The new book disputed that suggesting that there was a cover-up. Subsequently, the National Park Service bookstore at Ford’s Theatre has banned the book from the premises saying it does not present factual details.
The Associated Press estimates that as at October, the book had sold about 1 million copies. The book moved to the top of The New York Times bestsellers’ list and spent six weeks there before moving to the second position where it currently stays.
Deputy Superintendent at Ford’s Theater Rae Emerson announced that, “because of the lack of documentation and the factual errors within the publication,” the book had been banned from the theater. Rae lists other factual errors in the book which includes typing errors and the usage of wrong words.
- Rachel Maddow takes on Bill O'Reilly yet again - Aug 09, 2010
- Was Abe Lincoln's 'pardon to death row inmate before assassination' claim doctored? - Jan 25, 2011
- A blend of history, reality on bookshelf (IANS Books This Week) - Jul 28, 2012
- Bill O'Reilly talks about Angelina Jolie's Oscar pose - Feb 29, 2012
- O'Reilly's 'Muslims killed us on 9/11' remark prompts Whoopi to walk off - Oct 15, 2010
- Bill O'Reilly Calls Jennifer Aniston "Destructive to Our Society"; Keith Olberman Attacks - Aug 12, 2010
- US historian denies tampering with Lincoln's last pardon - Jan 27, 2011
- Rachel Maddow Makes Name for Self by Sparring With Bill O'Reilly - Aug 09, 2010
- DNA test urged to determine if Lincoln's assassin escaped death - Dec 28, 2010
- Rachel Maddow And Bill O'Reilly Put Down Each Other - Aug 09, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg & Joy Behar walk off 'The View' - Oct 15, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard Memoir Is Going To Be Out Soon - Sep 28, 2010
- Bill O'Reilly had a face-off with Jon Stewart on 'The O'Reilly Factor' - Feb 05, 2010
- Aniston takes on O'Reilly for motherhood comments - Aug 13, 2010
- Bill O'Reilly defends himself after 'Muslims killed us on 9/11' comment - Oct 16, 2010
Tags: abraham lincoln, american president, bill o reilly, deputy superintendent, factual details, factual errors, ford theatre, john wikes booth, martin dugard, national park service, new york times, new york times bestsellers, new york times bestsellers list, president abraham lincoln, service bookstore, shocking assassination, times bestsellers list, typing errors, wikes, york times bestsellers