Ford Rally Kit For Fiesta Hatchback In Market SoonNovember 3rd, 2010 - 7:10 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Fiesta subcompact is usually positioned by Ford as the typical urban car meant for small to mid-sized families. However, the racing division of the company definitely has some other plans. In the recent times rally racing is gaining grounds in the USA typically among the younger generation of drivers. Ford is now offering the specially developed Fiesta R2 rally package for interested lot. The company has said in a statement that the Fiesta will be equipped to take part in Rally America National Championship series with the rally kit installed. The special kit will be made available in the market by Team O’Neil Motorsports.
As a matter of fact the kit was set up by M-Sport, which collaborates with the World Rally Championship program of Ford since the year 1997. The upgrade kit consists of brake, chassis, suspension and engine with some other components that turn a typical production line Fiesta to a rugged rally car. The authorized installer and reseller of this rally kit is Team O’Neil Motorsports as Ford has said. The kit is not meant to be installed by amateur rally enthusiasts. The kit is suitable for the 2011 4 door hatchback model of Fiesta.
After installing the rally kit the Ford Fiesta owners will get a 40 percent hike in power of the engine. The price of the kit is yet to be announced. However the hardcore rally fans would not hesitate in buying this kit for giving a thorough makeover to their Fiesta. The news has sent waves of excitement among rally lovers already and they are waiting for the commercial release of the Rally kit.
- Ford offers a rally kit for Fiesta - Nov 03, 2010
- Loeb wins Argentina rally title - Apr 30, 2012
- Full grids for National Racing Championship - Jun 15, 2011
- Etios Motor Racing series car gets the nod - Aug 07, 2012
- National TSD Rally championship launched - Aug 14, 2012
- MRF cars given a shakedown for F1 support race - Sep 22, 2011
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Coming In 2012 - Dec 22, 2010
- Loeb wins Rally of New Zealand - Jun 24, 2012
- Ghorpade signs up for Formula Pilota - May 29, 2012
- Desert Storm Rally hits dust tracks Tuesday - Feb 21, 2011
- Ford's August sales up nine percent - Sep 01, 2011
- MRF races at Noida F1 circuit - Dec 01, 2010
- French driver Sebastian Loeb wins Acropolis Rally - May 28, 2012
- Nissan launches mid-size sedan Sunny - Sep 20, 2011
- FMSCI launches TSD Rally Championship - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: chassis, excitement, ford fiesta, ford rally, makeover, matter of fact, national championship series, o neil, r2, rally america, rally car, rally championship, rally enthusiasts, rally fans, rally racing, sized families, typical production, upgrade kit, world rally championship, younger generation