Forbes Compiles List Of Most Livable Cities In United StatesMay 6th, 2010 - 7:42 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
May 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The list of the ten most livable cities in the United States has been released by Forbes. The compilation has been undertaken taking into consideration various factors, namely, the cultural and social scenario of the cities, the cost of living, the growth opportunities in terms of income, crime rates and the cultural and artistic opportunities ion the cities. In order to make the compilation, Forbes has taken the help of statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation for the crime rates, the information about unemployment from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the information about cultural opportunities were supplied to it by the Arts and Leisure index of Sperling’s Best Places.
The Forbes list was made by choosing among about 200 cities in the entire country. The search was then narrowed down to the top ten cities. According to the list, Utah seems to be the most livable state in the United States, as two of the cities in the list belong to this state itself. These two are Ogden-Clearfield and Provo-Orem. In fact, these two cities have made it to the top two positions in the list. The top position has been given away to Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania.
The other cities to have made it to the list, are Ann Arbor in Michigan and Manchester-Nashua. Along with them, there are also Trenton Ewing in New Jersey, Bridgeport, Stamford and Norwalk in Connecticut, Omaha in Iowa and Harrisburg-Carlisle in Pennsylvania. The cities have been chosen in their positions based on the statistics of the last five years.
- Forbes Releases List of 10 Most Livable US Cities 2010 - May 07, 2010
- Most livable cities list in the US is topped by Pittsburg - May 06, 2010
- Pittsburgh At The Pinnacle Of The Most Livable Cities In America - May 06, 2010
- Lady Gaga is on the Forbes powerful women's list - Oct 07, 2010
- JLo tops list of world's most powerful celebrities - May 17, 2012
- Williams College Tops Forbes List Of US Best Colleges - Aug 12, 2010
- Tighter cultural norms frown on women as leaders - Mar 09, 2012
- Kristen Stewart tops the highest paid actress list - Jun 20, 2012
- Zillow releases its list of 'Top places for single moms' - May 06, 2011
- Mexico home to five of world's 10 deadliest cities - Jan 15, 2012
- Gaga beats Winfrey, tops world's most powerful celeb list - May 19, 2011
- Bundchen, Brady world's wealthiest celeb couple - Aug 22, 2011
- Gisele Bundchen launches lingerie line - May 14, 2011
- 136 Chinese, 61 Indian firms on Forbes' list - Apr 20, 2012
- Forbes names Will Ferrell 'Most Overpaid Star' again - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: artistic opportunities, arts and leisure, bureau of labor, bureau of labor statistics, cities in the united states, crime rates, dey, ewing, federal bureau of investigation, forbes list, growth opportunities, leisure index, livable cities, livable state, madhuri, norwalk, orem, social scenario, sperling, taking into consideration