Florida teenager survives harpoon through headJune 20th, 2012 - 8:47 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Miami, June 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Yasser Lopez has miraculously survived after being shot through the head with a fishing harpoon.
Lopez, who is currently recovering from the accident, remains in a Miami hospital. X-ray images of the teenager’s head after the accident have been released.
The pictures show the skull pierced by the large harpoon. MH Neurosurgeon Ross Bullock and the rest of medical team that are currently treating the Florida teenager have announced that no vital brain structures have been affected by the object.
They admit that they are astonished that the spear had not hit any vital parts of Lopez’s brain. The team used fire and rescue equipment to cut away a section of the harpoon so that the teenager could be X-rayed.
The rest of the harpoon had to extracted from the boy’s skull during extensive surgery that lasted three hours.
The young fisherman was swimming at the time he was shot the spear gun accidentally went off while it was being loaded by Lopez’s friend.
The two were fishing in a lake near their home in Miami-Dade when the accident happened.
Lopez claims that he cannot remember the accident.
- Dog wins America's Wackiest X-ray contest - Oct 28, 2011
- Li Fu of China had a knife stuck in his brain for 4 years - Feb 18, 2011
- Jeff Lacy's Brother Found Dead In Florida Shooting Incident - Jan 25, 2011
- Ultrafast lasers make mini X-ray device possible - Jun 08, 2012
- U.S. Coast Guard says six missing off the coast of New Jersey - Oct 11, 2010
- Two People Rescued From Stalled Miami-Dade County Fair Ride - Mar 31, 2010
- 11-year-old schoolboy survives arrow shot through the eye! - Dec 12, 2008
- Mansor Mohammed Asad: Delta Passenger Arrested After Threatening To Kill Jews - Jan 08, 2010
- Dental x-rays linked to most common brain tumour - Apr 10, 2012
- X-ray technique peers beneath surfaces of artefacts - Mar 26, 2011
- Miami police officers charged with obstruction of justice and perjury - Feb 13, 2010
- Pet pooch survives with 9 golf balls, one bullet in stomach! - Jul 31, 2009
- Kim gets her butt X-rayed! - Jun 26, 2011
- Elderly people with clinical depression more prone to knee arthritis - Mar 17, 2011
- 54-million-year-old skull reveals surprises about early evolution of primate brains - Jan 02, 2010