Florida Pilot Lands Safely After Plane Hits DeerOctober 20th, 2010 - 10:11 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A pilot in Florida has manged to land a single engine airplane after the plane crashed into a deer during take-off.
After the plane hit the deer, the plane took off, and flew for about an hour as the pilot attempted to figure out his best course of action. With one wing of his plane damaged and the landing gear collapsed, it was sure to be a tricky landing.
But rescue crews which had been trained how to handle these types of issues were on-hand, watching over the landing at Space Coast Regional Airport. Although the plane did lean to one side a bit, and the left wing scraped along during the landing, the pilot and his passengers were unharmed. The deer, however, died near the runway, which is, incidentally, surrounded by a nine foot tall fence.
- Brave pilot manages to land plane after the plane hit a deer - Oct 20, 2010
- Pilot Lands Safely In Florida After Plane Hits Deer - Oct 20, 2010
- Pilot Manages To Land Safely After Plane Hits A Deer - Oct 20, 2010
- Mangalore airport not the only 'tricky' one in India: Pilots - May 23, 2010
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
- Depressurised plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jan 24, 2012
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Pilots blamed for Russian plane crash that killed 44 - Nov 02, 2011
- Chinese plane flies from Japan without permission - Nov 30, 2011
- Only pilots' expertise saved Qantas A380 from disaster following mid-air explosion - Dec 03, 2010
- Mobile phones, gadgets may cause plane crash - Jan 19, 2011
- Plane with 163 people overshoots runway in Russia - Aug 29, 2012
- New tool can ensure better safety on planes - Sep 13, 2011
- Plane makes emergency landing after bird hit - Aug 20, 2011
- Mobile phones may make planes crash: Study - Jun 10, 2011