Florida establishes Space Transition and Revitalization ActFebruary 19th, 2010 - 12:55 am ICT by BNO News
ORLANDO, FLORIDA (BNO NEWS) – A new legislation, Space Transition and Revitalization Act, to ensure Florida state’s continued leadership in spaceflight and exploration was announced by Governor Charlie Crist on Thursday.
The announcement was made at Florida Statewide Space Industry Summit, where several industry, legislative and community leaders came together to explore actions that advance Florida’s aerospace economy.
“To continue our proud legacy as the premiere destination for aerospace innovations, Florida’s space program must be bold, robust and daring,” said Governor Crist.
The Space Transition and Revitalization Act will provide assistance for new and expanding aerospace businesses. The act will be funded by the Space Business Investment and Financial Services Trust Fund and with state tax revenues too.
Gov. Crist also proposed his aerospace budget recommendations for 2010-11. He called for a $32.6 million investment for financing assistance, workforce development, and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Space Florida secures licenses for Space Launch Complexes 46 and 36 - Mar 20, 2010
- Governor Crist applauds passing of Florida Jobs Bill - May 01, 2010
- Florida's unemployment program receives $61.2 million federal funding - Mar 10, 2010
- Florida Governor Crist reaffirms commitment to restoring the Everglades - Mar 19, 2010
- Florida's Department of Elder Affairs receives grant to help seniors find jobs - Feb 06, 2010
- Florida launches Energy Star appliance rebate web site - Apr 09, 2010
- Sunita Williams heading back to space again - Jun 23, 2012
- Florida Governor visits with earthquake survivors returning from Haiti - Jan 21, 2010
- Gulf Oil Spill Economic Recovery Task Force to meet in Tallahassee, FL - Jun 08, 2010
- Florida awards $10 million for solar energy project - Feb 16, 2010
- Florida Governor Crist requests $50 million in federal funds typically reserved for natural disasters to respond to oil spill - May 07, 2010
- Florida Governor Charlie Crist To Announce His Senatorial Plans For The Future - Apr 29, 2010
- Florida Governor Crist signs the Mark Wandall Traffic Safety Act - May 19, 2010
- Texas invests $1.4 million in new Facebook office in Austin - Feb 26, 2010
- Florida establishes the Gulf Oil Spill Economic Recovery Task Force - May 11, 2010
Tags: aerospace innovations, art facilities, bno, budget recommendations, charlie crist, governor charlie crist, governor crist, industry summit, new legislation, premiere destination, proud legacy, revitalization act, services trust, space business, space industry, space program, spaceflight, state tax revenues, will provide assistance, workforce development