Flood of frogs closes down a highway in GreeceMay 27th, 2010 - 1:13 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Thessaloniki, May 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There was a flood of frogs on a highway in Greece, which has managed to close down the highway for hours. Greek officials confirmed that one of the critical northern highways was closed for a couple of hours, due to the unexpected swarm of frogs.
Thessaloniki traffic police chief of the town of - Giorgos Thanoglou said that, there were millions of frogs that had thoroughly carpeted the highway. This happened on Wednesday, near the city of Langadas, which is located around 12 miles east of Thessaloniki. Giorgos Thanoglou said that, “There was a carpet of frogs.”
According to reports, the traffic on the highway was affected due to the ‘flood of the frogs’ and three car drivers also skidded away from the road, when they tried to swerve their car in order to avoid hitting the frogs present on the road. However fortunately no causalities were reported, due to the invasion of the road by the frogs.
It is still not clear, as to why there was a flood of millions of frogs on the road, but the traffic police chief Giorgos is speculating that one of the reasons could be the lack of food at their place of inhabitation.
- Frogs Flood Greece, Precursor To a Major Earthquake? - May 27, 2010
- Mass Departure Of The Frogs A Precursor To The Earthquake In Greece? - May 31, 2010
- Unusual Movement Of Frogs Lead To Fears Of Earthquake In Greece - May 31, 2010
- Is the 'Flood of frogs' a warning about an earthquake in Greece? - May 31, 2010
- Frogs invade Greek highway, paralyse traffic - May 26, 2010
- One dead, 200 drivers trapped in Greece car crash - Dec 24, 2011
- Greece announces Euro 2012 squad - May 30, 2012
- 11 die in Philippines storm - Aug 08, 2012
- 60 dead as cold snap grips Italy - Feb 12, 2012
- Austerity necessary to regain credibility: Greek PM - Sep 09, 2012
- Traffic jams leave Delhi motorists fuming - Jan 16, 2012
- Icy roads lead to car crashes in Chinese province - Jan 07, 2011
- Heavy rains, snow force shutdown of JK highway for third day - Mar 03, 2011
- Suzuki caught in four-hour traffic jam - Aug 27, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed due to fresh snowfall - Mar 03, 2011