Five die in traffic accident in northwest ChinaJune 9th, 2010 - 7:53 pm ICT by BNO News
URUMQI, CHINA (BNO NEWS) — Five people were killed and one person was seriously injured Wednesday when three trucks collided in northwest China’s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The accident happened at 11:15 a.m. local time in the Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bortala.
Xinhua reported, citing a statement from local authorities, that five people died at the scene. The injured person was taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
Police are identifying the victims and investigating the cause of the accident.
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- 16 killed, 21 injured in road accident in Tibet - Mar 15, 2011
- Bus-train collision kills 3, injures 85 in northwest China - Mar 25, 2011
- China blames terrorists trained in Pakistan for Xinjiang attack (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Four found dead after flooding washes away trucks in northwestern China - Jun 22, 2011
- 18 die as coach plunges into gorge in China - Mar 11, 2011
- China blames Pakistan trained terrorists for Xinjiang attack - Aug 01, 2011
- Three killed as train hits bus in China - Mar 24, 2011
- Over 1,400 evacuated after quake hits China - Dec 02, 2011
- Rioters attack Chinese police station, 4 killed - Jul 18, 2011
- Mudslide at iron mine in northwest China kills 7, buries 21 - Aug 01, 2012
- Moderate earthquake destroys homes, injures dozens in northwest China - Aug 12, 2011
- Muslims celebrate Eid in China - Aug 31, 2011
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- Chinese police kill seven kidnappers, free hostages - Dec 29, 2011