Fire breaks out at New York City’s Marriott HotelMarch 27th, 2009 - 12:44 am ICT by admin
New York, NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — A fire has broken out at the Marriott Hotel in New York City on Thursday afternoon, a fire department official told BNO News.
A spokesman said emergency services are responding to the incident and multiple people were being treated for injuries, most of them were believed to be minor and related to smoke inhalation.
The fire is said to be on the 21st floor. Police officials called in a level 1 mobilization for crowd control at the scene.
Further details were not immediately available.
Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) is a worldwide operator and franchisor of a range of value and luxury hotels and related lodging facilities. Marriott currently has 2,300 accommodation properties in North America alone.
- Fire breaks out at Macy's in New York City - Feb 25, 2010
- Fire at Macy's flagship store 'under control' - Feb 25, 2010
- Hospital fire kills patient in Brazil - Jul 05, 2012
- 3-alarm fire at New York City apartment building injures 31 - Mar 13, 2011
- Fire at Lucknow hotel, no casualties - Mar 05, 2012
- Body found inside building hit by 7-alarm fire in Chinatown, New York on Sunday - Apr 13, 2010
- Luxury Hotel for Dogs to Open in New York City - Aug 21, 2012
- Manhole explosion rocks Manhattan building, no injuries - Feb 12, 2010
- House fire in England kills four young children - Jan 25, 2011
- Staten Island Ferry crashes into terminal - May 08, 2010
- New York adds 6,200 more hotel rooms - Mar 30, 2011
- Nearly 30 injured after 7-alarm breaks out in Chinatown, New York - Apr 12, 2010
- Fire breaks out in Mumbai hotel - Oct 07, 2010
- Security tightened at Hu's hotel after Tibetan's death - Mar 28, 2012
- Small plane crashes into Austin building - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: accommodation properties, bno, crowd control, emergency services, fire department official, franchisor, hotel in new york, hotel new york, inhalation, lodging facilities, luxury hotels, marriott, marriott hotel in new york city, marriott international, marriott international inc, mobilization, nyse, police officials, thursday afternoon, worldwide operator