Fight Breaks Out In AC Transit BusFebruary 17th, 2010 - 9:31 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
California, Feb 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Public transport is becoming risky day by day. The security of people are at stake widely, as untoward situations break out on the road without any preamble. On Tuesday, in downtown Oakland in California, a violent fistfight broke out in an AC Transit bus. Two men were fighting and they severely injured each other. The cause of the fight is not known. However, both the men involved in the fight were bleeding and had to be rushed to a hospital near by.
The fellow passengers recorded the fight. It was later posted on internet and is now one of the top searched videos. Prior to the fight in the AC Transit bus, California and federal transportation officials allegedly reported people who use public transport are not concerned about their own safety as well as that of their fellow passengers. The 67-page study by the federal transportation officials also revealed that most of the time passengers, especially women become afraid of such violence and fear getting hurt.
In this day of Youtube and social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, nothing officially remains beyond the grasp of the news for long as the citizen can now take up the role of a reporter themselves. With Youtube ruling the roost as ever, this bit of news too has managed to get in to the internet frenzy like so many others. With the fistfight video gaining undue popularity online, it has been proved once again that people have developed a penchant for violence all around and love to dwell in things that deal with the subject.
- Riots Spark Off In Oakland After Mehserle Verdict - Jul 09, 2010
- 28 dead, 10 injured in bus accident in southern Bolivia - Jun 28, 2011
- South Africa uses metro to carry waste to landfills - Nov 06, 2011
- Black woman held in Britain for racist rant - Aug 22, 2012
- UFO seen over California? - May 31, 2011
- YouTube co-founder decides to step down - Oct 31, 2010
- Khan academy releases their iPad app - Mar 12, 2012
- Runaway Poodle disrupts Oakland commuter trains - Sep 24, 2010
- Unidentified gunmen attack Iranian bus in eastern Turkey, injuring 8 - Nov 16, 2011
- 'Holding Hands With Strangers' Prank Becomes Internet Hit - Jun 14, 2012
- Luring day-trippers - Delhi's HOHO buses change gear (Feature) (With Images) - Jul 15, 2012
- Turkey lifts two-year YouTube ban - Nov 01, 2010
- Vulgarity in internet videos worries China - May 08, 2012
- YouTube Unveils Face Blurring System - Jul 19, 2012
- Detroit bus driver suspended for driving with passenger on lap - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,