Feds Crack Down On Biker GangJune 16th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a recent development over 24 leaders of the infamous American Outlaws Association biker gang have been taken into police custody and one of them was killed. It was the outcome of a fed round up.
Around 27 members of the gang has been charged by a federal grand jury for crimes like drug dealing, robbery, illegal gambling and extortion. The court documents also point to other crimes like kidnapping and murder. One member from the bike gang was killed as the fed authorities were trying to execute an arrest warrant.
The ATF Special Response Team reached near an old Orchard house to arrest Kenneth Chretien and Thomas Mayne. The gang members fired shots and the ATF agents were forced to retaliate. The authorities have not said who died in the shootout but admitted that Kenneth Chretien was arrested after the encounter.
The court indictment states that American Outlaws Association biker gang is a very organized criminal enterprise that did many criminal acts. The arrests were made in various places like North Carolina, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Virginia and Tennessee. At least 50 members of the gang were targeted in the shootout as it has been reported.
As per the reports, the gang has more than 1,700 members and they exist in other countries too. They are also involved in the import and distribution of banned drugs and narcotic substances like marijuana and cocaine. They also get involved with assaults on rival gang members which in turn leads to rising incidents of crime and violence.
The crackdown is expected to bring their activities down for some time.
- Feds Arrest Dozens Of The Biker Gang - Jun 16, 2010
- Federal Authorities Continue With Biker Gang Raids - Jun 19, 2010
- Biker Gang Member Killed During Federal Agents Raid - Jun 19, 2010
- Feds hit the biker gang in 7 states - Jun 16, 2010
- Gang members 'more than twice as likely to be victimized' - Apr 14, 2011
- Mexican gangs using kids to smuggle drugs to US - Jan 09, 2012
- Tory politician exposed of leading secret life as notorious Biker gang's member - Feb 20, 2011
- Dozens arrested in crackdown on Hispanic drug gang in central California - Jun 09, 2010
- India in touch with US over gurudwara killing (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Former US crime kingpin sentenced to 218 years - Aug 25, 2012
- Two tonnes of marijuana found in Mexican cemetery - Jul 30, 2012
- Gang that drugged and robbed passengers caught - Jun 13, 2012
- Marriage can kill the criminal in you - Sep 27, 2011
- Delta employees arrested in Detroit airport for international drug smuggling - Apr 29, 2011
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: american outlaws, arrest warrant, atf agents, crackdown, criminal acts, criminal enterprise, extortion, federal grand jury, feds, illegal gambling, indictment, murder one, narcotic substances, old orchard, orchard house, police custody, ranjan, rival gang members, special response team, thomas mayne